Does Win3.11 Have Usb Support Or Any Type Of Pnp?

I think "why are you asking" would be a better question? Not even NT4 supported USB as I recall. As well as all versions of 95 maybe except for 95sr2c or something like that was "Supposed" to. But then again I was "supposed" to win the lottery too!

I was just asking just out of curiosity, not like "You shouldn't do that". Just curious :)

There were some DOS TSRs made for PNP cards. When the Soundblaster32 came out it pissed me off royally because it was the first card I had without jumpers to configure its resources. ... just didn't make sense at the time. Anyway.. I think it was called the Intel PNP Configuration Manager.

Grimmda said:
I think "why are you asking" would be a better question? Not even NT4 supported USB as I recall. As well as all versions of 95 maybe except for 95sr2c or something like that was "Supposed" to. But then again I was "supposed" to win the lottery too!
NT4 supported it, but required the OEMs to write the driver. I had a Toshiba laptop with NT4 w/USB support.

I think 95b was the first to offer "usb support" although it rarely worked even with OEM drivers I think it was the first Windows to actually say it supported it

the reason why i asked for win3.11 usb support is because it is related to this thread http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=925273

i have an old pc which is 166mmx so im trying to install an o/s onto is with just the basic requirements., i tried win2k spk4 with firefox only. and it was damm still too slow :p

my next attempt will be DSL :) hopefully will be better .

For an GUIed OS I would strongly recommend getting more RAM. I can't imaging it would cost much to get that thing to 128MB. W2k run "OK" once it has enough RAM it's not paging everything left and right.

I remember when "Windows 95 with USB support" came out. I think it was known as OSR2.1 internally. By the time I got a USB mouse, I was using Win98 or 2K.

Back