does/will microsoft give Vista sp1 and sp2 for free?

InCogneato

[H]ard|Gawd
wondering because im thinking of getting vista, why? i dont know. i usually strip my XP to bare minimum. im not even a gamer.

anyway, im wondering did/will microsoft offer sp1 and sp2 upgrades for free to early adopters? thanks.

Uh...they don't charge for SP's....unlike say Apple for their point releases (10.1,.2,.3, etc) lol

I'm pretty sure it will be free to everyone, just like every single previous SP they've ever released.

The differences between Panther, Tiger, and Leopard etc are FAR more than just point releases.

uh...so is the difference between XP Original and XP SP2...lol

EDIT: btw, please don't start pullin in the mac guys for a throwdown. its my opinion and i'm stickin to it. but if you wanna throwdown about it, I made a thread in GenMay to debate it lol

the first few months of the SP release they usually will even send you a disc with it on it for free (not even S&H charges). They did that with SP2 for XP and some other service packs for other things as well (like office) :)

Not to worry, I just read that SP1 will be lucky to be out before the end of the year.

Back