Does this sound like a power issue??

Bryank930

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
385
So my computer has been powering itself off randomly lately. Nothing in the event log, windows doesn't even say that it was shut down improperly when booting back up. Any Idea what this could be? I don't believe it's a heat issue, I can run Prime95 torture test for DAYS and temps never get over 50C.

Rig specs:
Athlon X2 6000+
Abit AN-M2HD using onboard video
3GB Patriot Extreme DDR2-800
2.5" 160GB boot drive
WD Caviar Blue 500GB storage drive
DVD burner
Antec Earthwatts Green 380w Continuous PSU
Windows 7 Pro
 
Doesn't sound like a PSU issue to me. Check your power settings in Windows and see if it's set to shut down the computer after a certain amount of inactivity.
 
All windows settings are to never shut down, sleep, or hibernate. I'm stumped so far, no idea what it could be.
 
Back
Top