Does the Power A BDA Pro Elite Controller for PS3 work on PC?

Checkout the MotionJoy drivers for windows. They allow you to use a PS3 controller on the PC via USB and/or bluetooth.

If you need a bluetooth adapter, the author of the motionjoy driver recommends this one
http://www.gameaccy.com/bluetooth-dongle-for-motioninjoy

I haven't used it yet, but this is the one I plan on eventually getting.

Thanks, I've been looking for something like this for a long time. I'll probably just get another genuine PS3 Controller.

How will I stop the PC & PS3 from conflicting though?

Checkout the MotionJoy drivers for windows. They allow you to use a PS3 controller on the PC via USB and/or bluetooth.

If you need a bluetooth adapter, the author of the motionjoy driver recommends this one
http://www.gameaccy.com/bluetooth-dongle-for-motioninjoy

I haven't used it yet, but this is the one I plan on eventually getting.

Why are people using Xpadder with it? Shouldn't it work like an Xbox 360 Controller where I plug it in and it instantly works and icons are showed?

Thanks, I've been looking for something like this for a long time. I'll probably just get another genuine PS3 Controller.

How will I stop the PC & PS3 from conflicting though?

that I'm really not sure about, honestly. I currently use it over USB and if I unplug it from my PC, it will turn on my PS3 (since the controller is turned on). I'm pretty sure that if you connect it via BT though, it will no longer be synced to the PS3 so you shouldn't have any conflicts. You'll just need to re-sync it with the PS3 if you want to use it with that.

And why are people using Xpadder with it? I just want it to work like an Xbox 360 Controller where I plug it in and it instantly works. I don't have time anymore to mess around with xpadder and such.

I may just get the wireless x360 controller for windows and the BDA controller for ps3 to I'm using the same design. Guests can use the dual shock 3....

you don't have to mess with xpadder or any of that non-sense. In the motionjoy drivers, it has an option for Xbox 360 controller emulation. It works great :) Windows and games all see it as an official xbox 360 controller

that I'm really not sure about, honestly. I currently use it over USB and if I unplug it from my PC, it will turn on my PS3 (since the controller is turned on). I'm pretty sure that if you connect it via BT though, it will no longer be synced to the PS3 so you shouldn't have any conflicts. You'll just need to re-sync it with the PS3 if you want to use it with that.

you don't have to mess with xpadder or any of that non-sense. In the motionjoy drivers, it has an option for Xbox 360 controller emulation. It works great :) Windows and games all see it as an official xbox 360 controller

Is it simple to re-sync it with the PS3?

Xbox 360 controller emulation sounds great, icing on the cake would be if folks can mod the icons in all of our favorite games so I see a green triangle rather than a yellow Y...

Now I know why people use Xpadder: Does anyone know where I can get free profiles for PC games such as Mass Effect that have no controller support?

Is it simple to re-sync it with the PS3?

Xbox 360 controller emulation sounds great, icing on the cake would be if folks can mod the icons in all of our favorite games so I see a green triangle rather than a yellow Y...

it doesnt change game button icons or anything, unfortunitly, although some games do have mods available to change them to the PS3 button icons. As long as you know the layout of the 360 controller, it's not a big deal though

to re-sync it to the PS3, you just need to hook it up to the PS3's first USB port and tun the controller on.

for mass effect (and mass effect 2, for that matter), I know that there is a mod that will let you play with a controller (and it will even give you the xbox 360 menu layouts and such). I forgot the name of the author though... but you should be able to find it on google without much problem.

Does the motionjoy dongle plug into the usb port?
yup. :)

Wait, do I even need the adapter if my gaming laptop or desktop has built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR?

Your built in bluetooth should work just fine, but I can't say for sure though... give it a try

Your built in bluetooth should work just fine, but I can't say for sure though... give it a try

I would give it a try but I just ordered the gaming laptop.

Are there any programs that allow you to control the mouse cursor with the controller? Like when I go from laptop to hdtv (and couch)?

Back