Does my Vista need Zonealarm too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vuronev

n00b
I just bought a new laptop with Vista Home Premium and I was wondering if I needed to install a software firewall like zonealarm, or if the Vista firewall with outbound blocking turned on would be enough?

I have a home network that is connected to my cable modem via a belkin pre-n router. With my XP machines I have the windows firewall turned off and zonealarm free installed. I've read that the Vista firewall is pretty decent and that combined with the router firewall makes zonealarm unnecessary. Is that the case?

I don't surf any crazy sites or download funky files, so I figure I'm not too much of a target. I also have AVG av and a handful of well known anti spyware programs I use regularly.

Just wondering if I need to bother with installing zonealarm with Vista.

Thanks!

You're already behind a hardware router, so I couldn't see any need for another besides the Vista firewall.

I would echo DeaconFrost's comments. You are already behind your Router Firewall,and Vista's Firewall is decent enough. Though, if you feel strongly about it, there is no reason to not disable Vista's and install ZoneAlarm. Matter of personal choice at that point.

Anywho, your good with the defaults in my opinon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back