• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Does Dual Displays hinder Performance

Sky15

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 1, 2001
Messages
3,019
If I weere to hook up another 2405FPW would it hinder my performance, or does it even matter?
 
My experience is that running 2 displays off one Vid card has a little bit of a performance hit... not that much. The larger problems is that with 2 displays (especially displays like the 2405fpw) you really want to be able to do two separate things on the screens simultaneously.. like watching a dvd/xvid/dtv on one and gaming on another etc. You can really only do that effectively without running into problems with a second graphics card.

I've been running 2 vid cards and 2 displays for several years now.. you just go out and pick up a cheapy PCI card like a fx5200 or ati9200se for next to nothing and use it to run the non-gaming display.

1000
 
I watch divx/xvid tv shows on my 2nd monitor while I play WoW and BF2 all the time and I don't really notice any performance decrease.
 
Running things on either my 3 screens ( 2 on agp 1 on pci ) doesnt really effect performance. Though the pci card is a horrid 8 meg that cant do much anyway. But my x850 does fine.
 
Well if I get another 7800GT OC I wouldn't think it would have any performance drop.
 
Back
Top