Does ATI have a "digital vibrance" equivalent now?

Spare-Flair

Supreme [H]ardness
Does CCC have an equivalent to Nvidia's digital vibrance now?

I've heard all the talk about how digital vibrance is junk or how the colors with ATI are good out of the box. That doesn't matter to me. I need an option to pump up the saturation manually like digital vibrance. I can't live without it!

Go to desktops and display in CCC, there at the bottom (not center) click on screen, choose configure. Go to Avivo Colour and change Saturation.

To get the same effect I had on Nvidia I had to bump the saturation to 140 and also had to increase the colour temperature to 6700k.

It controls the intensity of colors. It pretty much does the exact same thing as Digital Vibrance.

I've heard ATi's option is better than digital vibrance over on the display forums, at least if you want to turn down saturation. Digital vibrance is entirely useless if you want to alleviate the effect of wide gamut on unmanaged content, but people keep insisting that with an ATi card it's no problem.

Still seems like it should be a simple one button top page adjustment. By now (years and years later) I'm pretty surprised that ATI hasn't made it a top page one button thing.

Still seems like it should be a simple one button top page adjustment. By now (years and years later) I'm pretty surprised that ATI hasn't made it a top page one button thing.

Over saturating your colors should be a one button top page adjustment? Good lord WHY?

I don't use Digital Vibrance. I did when I first switched from ATi to nVidia to try to match ATi's overstaturation, (my view of it).

At least the choice is there for those wish to adjust it to their tastes. Nothing wrong in setting it up to the user's prefered look.

Wouldn't boosting the contrast and gamma together do the same as Nvidia's digital vibrance?

Its been there for a long ass time its called AVIVO color. Saturation, color vibrance, and other superior options to digital vibrance have all been CCC for a while now.

btw I think you asked this before (not sure if same person) and its already been answered.

Why? Because Digital vibrance is a hugely popular feature amongst the masses. You should have seen the amount of unhappiness when Vista first came out and the early drivers had it disabled. If Nvidia can do it in a single button then there is probably a market for a simple, easy to use similar feature.

Now I agree that adjusting saturation and temperature together both yield a more refined result, and that's a good thing ultimately. But that "more refined" layer should be just like fine tuning color, something on a lower menu level for those pro's who need to manipulate color on a finer basis. I doubt such folks would be using saturation anyway, but digital vibrance is being used by basic folks to do a basic duty. Because of that, making the tool to use it basic as well is just good sense. Make a more complicated lower layer to show off your additional abilities if you like (I like the idea of color temperature adjustment since that is frequently in need of fine tuning), but keep the basic tool basic.

Default ATI settings have been better than Nvidia's Digital Vibrance since forever. Digital Vibrance was NEEDED for Nvidia cards because their image was always washed out in 2d and 3d.

I don't consider the colors to be washed out on nVidia cards. Those that do can make the adjustment thanks to Digital Vibrance.

Point is moot now because CCC has an equivalent, it's just confusing where it's located. It's not on the color tab but you have to select your individual display and then there is avivo color under that menu.

what a load of useless replies. digital vibrance works great and makes colors much more vivid and lifelike.

Back