Does anyone have this monitor?

DC_BF1942

n00b
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009108

I am looking to buy a dual monitor setup to increase productivity. The 22", I feel, are gonna be to large for me so i'm pretty much set on getting a 20" widescreen. I currently have a 19" viewsonic VA912b(which i have been happy with) but would really like to go wide.

I do game some and would need < 6ms response time.

I was looking at the AL2016WBbd and have not been able to find any reviews on this monitor other than neweggs customer reviews. Is this monitor any good?? I love the price.

Wal-mart also has it for the same price that newegg does...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5969502

I've been looking at these too...how does the acer compare to these?

ViewSonic Optiquest Series Q20WB
SAMSUNG 204BW
LG L204WT-BF
BenQ FP202

What would you chose? I've been looking for so long I'm thoroughly confused now. Since I am buying two monitors, I really want to buy right and not have double trouble.

thanks in advance,

Just a heads up.. an 8ms P-MVA or S-IPS is pretty much as fast (to the eye) as a 5ms TN panel.

this is off topic, but i would like to get an answer

basically is
TN/PVA < MVA/IPS

see i thought that MVA and PVA there both similar and relatively poor quality, but i am starting to read opinons that the MVA is pretty decent. is MVA good?

cheers

EDIT: the read for my thinking, comes from the panel lotteries with people wanting IPS not PVA, and i assume MVA and PVA were pretty much the same. but seeing people recommend the MVA now, i'm just confused,

Depends on what you're mainly looking for:

For response time for example, it would be

TN>all

For viewing angles and color i'd say it's

S-IPS>PVA/MVA>TN

Overall I think P-MVA panels (as the Acer AL2051W) are a fairly good compromise between response time, color reproduction and cost. Maybe call it "Best bang for the buck"....

ScYcS, I see that you own the Acer AL2051W. How good is the brightness uniformity on it? Also, any noticeable backlight bleeding?

As with every LCD, there is a little backlight bleeding. Some have it more, some less. Mine has some, but it's not too bad and really i don't see it at all. Color uniformity is very good and overall better than my Samsung 226BW (a TN panel). The Acer has real 8 bit color and not the dithered 6bit color of TN panels and that shows.

Be aware though that the Acer has a glossy screen, a fact that not everybody likes. It has to be said thought that i never had a problem with reflections on the Acer. Glossy does not mean mirror. Both screen coatings (glossy or non-glossy), but they are all anti-reflective and can't be compare to the old school CRT reflections, where you couldn't see a thing when the sun shined on it.

For viewing angles and color i'd say it's

S-IPS>PVA/MVA>TN

CHEERS!

i've seen the 24inch dell (PVA), and wasn't excited about it. but i liked the 20inch dell alot, and the apple screens (all IPS). i think my old sony SDMX72 is an IPS, because of the colours and the fact that white isn't overly bright.

so that means i will stick to an IPS.

are there any 24inch IPS on the horizon?

Question:

I'm not at all familiar w/ dual mon systems.

Currently, I have a Viewsonic standard 19" VA912b LCD monitor(1280x1024). Say I buy another widescreen monitor 1680x1050. I have WinXP....can I use the two together? My graphics card is a nvidia 6800GT. I was thinking that I would prolly have to rotate the 19" 90 degrees so I can get the 1050 on the screen. How would I know if my graphics card would support 2704x1050 (1680+1024=2704)?

That specific monitor won't work for me because I plan to purchase this desk mount arm. I'll start looking for something w/ a similiar panel thats mountable.

As far as i know the monitor is wall mountable. That should also make it arm mountable.....you might want to double check.

Back