Do I send wk-24 e6600 back for newer batch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzard1

n00b
I Have a e6600 Batch: L624A819 with the ship date of july 29th. I can overclock it stable @ 3.24 with v-core @ 1.5 using a p5wdh deluxe motherboard. i have been reading that others have been getting much higher clock speeds with newer batchs. I bougth mine at newegg and made out a RMA. My cpu has a great air cooler (big typhoon VX ) which keeps ut at a range of 29 - 36 c overclocked. So if I send this old cpu back will I get somthign that is more overclockable back?

buzzard1 said:
I Have a e6600 Batch: L624A819 with the ship date of july 29th. I can overclock it stable @ 3.24 with v-core @ 1.5 using a p5wdh deluxe motherboard. i have been reading that others have been getting much higher clock speeds with newer batchs. I bougth mine at newegg and made out a RMA. My cpu has a great air cooler (big typhoon VX ) which keeps ut at a range of 29 - 36 c overclocked. So if I send this old cpu back will I get somthign that is more overclockable back?

Returning a perfectly good cpu because ur not getting the desired overclock? :eek:

Prepare your flame suit! :D

Not a very good idea, you got what you got, now live with it :rolleyes:

Jasonx82 said:
Prepare your flame suit! :D

QFT. LOL

Though in the interest of continued forum membership, peace, tranquility, and love-I will not post my comment here.

No, that is just cheating newegg out of money because it doesn't do more then what its already not suppose to do. Keep it and be happy that you got a good oc from it.

I Have a e6600 Batch: L624A819 with the ship date of july 29th. I can overclock it stable @ 3.24 with v-core @ 1.5 using a p5wdh deluxe motherboard.

..............You are getting performance that exceeds that of a $1000 chip and you want something more?

Man, some people are greedy. The fact that it overclocks at ALL should satisfy you. I would only return if it wasnt working at STOCK speeds. If it doesnt work OC then tough luck. If you get an insane Overclock but are still not quite satisfied.....I better shut up before I get banned.

I'd return it. My week 23 E6600 did 3.2GHz @ 1.455VCore...now my week 27 E6600 does 3.6GHz @ 1.455VCore rock solid.

400MHz is worth it to me. No flaming here bro. Do what ya gotta do. 50% OC is mighty nice. :)

Pkirk618 said:
Eye "D" Ten Tango :D

Self-reflection?

WTF is up with flaming somebody for being serious about their hobby? About half of us on XS have done this in one way or another. I happened to build a box for a friend that didn't want a heavy OC. So I gave him mine and got a better one. WTF is wrong with that?

Some of the people on this forum...

Brahmzy said:
Self-reflection?

WTF is up with flaming somebody for being serious about their hobby? About half of us on XS have done this in one way or another. I happened to build a box for a friend that didn't want a heavy OC. So I gave him mine and got a better one. WTF is wrong with that?

Some of the people on this forum...

Nothing is wrong with that. It's your personal issue if you screw your friend or not. But screwing a retailer (or etailer) and sendin back a perfectly fine processor makes their profit margins go down, making their prices go up for everybody else. So, screw you.

Brahmzy said:
Self-reflection? Some of the people on this forum...

yeah, self relfection.

It's wrong to do what this guy is asking advice for. And so are you for defending it. Doesn't take a PhD to know it's wrong.

I now see someone else in the same reflection.

ScYcS said:
Nothing is wrong with that. It's your personal issue if you screw your friend or not. But screwing a retailer (or etailer) and sendin back a perfectly fine processor makes their profit margins go down, making their prices go up for everybody else. So, screw you.

this has been going on for as long as i can remember. I dont think in anyway it has reflected overall cpu prices. In most cases they just buy another from the same company spending the same amount of money. And on top of that there also may be a restocking fee.

Do whatever you want, but if you do return it: Thanks for keeping computer prices high. We appreciate that like you wouldn't believe. :rolleyes::mad::rolleyes:

PureBooYah said:
this has been going on for as long as i can remember. I dont think in anyway it has reflected overall cpu prices. In most cases they just buy another from the same company spending the same amount of money. And on top of that there also may be a restocking fee.

Man, I love those restocking fees! We can all thank the OP -and folks who agree with what he does- for them, too.

Bottom line is that it comes down to morals and ethics. The CPU that the OP ordered is doing EXACTLY what it was advertised to do. It performs at those levels and doesn't have any defects. Now... for him to send it back and get a new one he'll have to either lie and/or destroy the CPU. Either one of those things are simply wrong. If he wants to call the company that sold it to him and say that he would like to exchange it because he is not getting the same overclocking results and hope they do it then I say good for him and good luck. If he lies or destroys the CPU then I think he should die in a fire.... I HATE liars and cheaters. They are right above liberals and below pond scum in my book.... but that's just me. :D

I'm not trying to eat crow here, but I only read the OP's thread title. I had no idea he had opened and used the CPU and was going to RMA it. I guess I should have read the original thread, so I definitely deserve the flame.

That is definitely not right to return it to the vendor used. NIB unopened? Sure - 15% RMA? No cost to the vendor - buyer paid shipping.

Also, the members on XS forums I mentioned had sold their's on eBay clearly marked as used. I don't have a problem with that.

Foot in mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back