• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Do I have an option?

Mangudai

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
343
Ive been planning to upgrade for over a year and now have the funds. SB seems like the most logical option but of course there are no motherboards currently available.

Basically what I want to know is could I possibly purchase a motherboard from another user then contact the manufacturer once the fixed boards are ready then request an RMA and have them swap it out? Or will the warranty be void as the original owner sold the board to someone else? Its my understanding that some companies are offering to ship you a fixed board and have you send them your defective one back once you receive it? From what im told the eta is around one to two months so im weighing my options.


What do you guys think, should I wait? This Barton is long in the tooth.
 
I am not so sure that the warranty would work for you if you went this route.

However, I have potentially good news for you. Its more like 2 weeks, not 2 months before you'll start seeing SB motherboards reappearing. Intel confirmed that its shipped the new revision chipsets to manufacturers (i think last week). So new rev motherboards will be available by March.

Personally, I would wait and get it then. Many sites will probably have combo deals and such as well. You can still buy all your other parts separately beforehand.
 
Back
Top