Do Cisco 3550-24PWR-SMI have enough POE voltage for 1131AG's?

cyr0n_k0r

Supreme [H]ardness
I don't have any spare equipment right now to test and I'm not sure where on Cisco's site I could find this exact answer. We have tons of 3550-24pwr-smi's here at work and we are getting ready to do a big wireless upgrade and I want to make sure that these older switches have enough voltage in them to power the 1131AG's.

I know the switches won't power our new 7945 phones since we had to get a new switch since the newer phones need more/different voltage.

Can anyone say for sure, or link me to some information that can describe the answer I'm looking for?

From Cisco's website: http://www.cisco.com.kz/en/US/docs/...130/installation/guide/113h_c1.html#wp1035999

Power Sources

The access point can receive power from an external power module or from inline power using the Ethernet cable. The access point supports the IEEE 802.3af inline power standard and Cisco CDP Power Negotiation. Using inline power, you do not need to run a power cord to the access point because power is supplied over the Ethernet cable.

Warning This product must be connected to a Power over Ethernet (PoE) IEEE 802.3af compliant power source or an IEC60950 compliant limited power source. Statement 353
Caution Be careful when handling the access point; the bottom plate might be hot.

The access point supports the following power sources:

•Power module

•Inline power:

–Cisco Aironet Power Injector (AIR-PWRINJ3 or AIR-PWRINJ-FIB)

–An inline power capable switch, such as the Cisco Catalyst 3550 PWR XL, 3560-48PS, 3570-48PS, 4500 with 802.3AF PoE module, or the 6500 with 802.3AF PoE module

–Other inline power switches supporting the IEEE 802.3af inline power standard

Back