Do any Intel Socket 478 CPU's support 64 bit OS?

  • Thread starter Deleted member 72990
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 72990

Guest
Doing a wacky resurrection of my dinosaur PC and just wondering if a 64 bit socket 478 cpu exists. Thanks.
 
The link above you says otherwise. I believe they were in OEM machines only.

The Prescott P4s shipped in both S478 *and* LGA775 - Prescott was also the only P4 to go x64. (My Mom's P4 in LGA775 is running 7 x64 as I type this.)
 
The Prescott P4s shipped in both S478 *and* LGA775 - Prescott was also the only P4 to go x64. (My Mom's P4 in LGA775 is running 7 x64 as I type this.)

I realize Prescott core CPUs were available in both PPG478 and LGA478. Not all Prescott CPUs in PPG478 socket were EM64T capable. In fact most weren't. Only a limited number of CPUs were and I believe these were sold to OEM's such as Dell and HP only. The LGA775 CPUs were a different story as those were generally EM64T capable.
 
Back
Top