Diving Dolphin Boat

HardOCP News

[H] News
You guys have got to check out this dolphin boat that is 14ft long, shaped like a dolphin and has up to 230hp. The thing can leap 10ft out of the water, even at low speeds and costs about $75,000. It's like a jet-ski on steroids.

The current Seabreacher model is 14 ft 10 inches long and weighs 1,000 lbs. It has taken eight years for the creative Innespace duo to make the two-seater vessel which they hope to turn into a model for 'aqua Formula One'. The 175 horsepower engine enables it to 'fly' through water using an Atkins marine rotary engine.

I remember seeing this years ago on the show Next Step. It was wild then, still wild now.

that.looks.awesome.

living on an island, i'd love to have one of those. would be a great way to beat the traffic heading in to NYC

LynxFX said:
I remember seeing this years ago on the show Next Step. It was wild then, still wild now.

Was it on next step or beyond 2000? Anyway yea I remember seeing it a long time ago. Pretty cool toy though. The vids I remember seeing of it were real nice.

swatbat said:
Was it on next step or beyond 2000? Anyway yea I remember seeing it a long time ago. Pretty cool toy though. The vids I remember seeing of it were real nice.

I think it was Beyond 2000 as well (well, Beyond Tomorrow when I saw it).

I want one. That would be fun as hell. Though I could easily see myself dieing in one.

This has been out for years.

I'm wondering if thats even legal in most lakes, as you are now allowed to surface like that without a warning :)

Ockie said:
This has been out for years.

I'm wondering if thats even legal in most lakes, as you are now allowed to surface like that without a warning :)

that'd be pretty fun though.

I'm thinking a Jaws Re-enactment.

This thing has been in and out of my mind for years now since I first had seen it.
But this is the first time I ever heard a price on it. "75,000 is way to much for it".
A five year dream was just crushed when I read that. I could see $25,000 but not more then that.

This Dolphin thing along with other crazy ass things are on this site as well.

http://www.gizmag.com/

I want the futuristic house boat on that site as well.

DIBS

swatbat said:
Ahh yeah I forgot about Beyond 2000. Didn't those two shows play back to back? They also had that completely enclosed motorcycle, looked like a giant sepository. :D

Now I miss those shows. :(

Well, the article says it is finally FOR SALE ;) That is the news. When it was featured before (and we posted it) it was a concept and ther inventor only planned to build two (though he made tools for mass production) and custom orders only, no price was available but a ballpark of $50k was the starting point...he thought (none were made).

it is very cool if it is avialable...if ya can afford it :eek:

i remember reading about this some time back on the PBS|NOVA site.
and...if any [H]'s get one who live in Texas...can i get a ride? heh

LynxFX said:
Ahh yeah I forgot about Beyond 2000. Didn't those two shows play back to back? They also had that completely enclosed motorcycle, looked like a giant sepository. :D

Now I miss those shows. :(

Yea that motorcycle was the shit. Beyound 2000 is now beyound tommorrow. Still airs I think. Yea they use to play back to back. Though it was Beyond 2000 that it was on but it doesn't really matter. I remember looking at it like thats sweet.

Steve said:
Well, the article says it is finally FOR SALE ;) That is the news. When it was featured before (and we posted it) it was a concept and ther inventor only planned to build two (though he made tools for mass production) and custom orders only, no price was available but a ballpark of $50k was the starting point...he thought (none were made).

Who knows maybe one day it will be in the price range for us normal people. The underwater rolls they showed off on the first one just was too sweet. Looked like you could have some real fun in it.

Back