• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Displays with Component Inputs Question

Sydek

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
105
My question is...

Is it possible to convert my TV cable, which comes in through a coaxial cable, to component so I can plug it into a new monitor that I am about to get?

I am getting the Gateway FPD2185W 21" LCD. I noticed it has component inputs and it would save space if I could just convert the TV cable to component.

Thanks.
 
No component outputs on the regular cable boxes, but the HD digital cable boxes should have them. Best you can do with regular digital cable boxes is Svideo. HD boxes are only 3 dollars more per month in my area. I personally just use the Svideo output, the picture is still great.

Might one of these work better?

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/hdtv-cards.html#myhd
 
Back
Top