• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Displayport auto-adjust

Hunter_wow

n00b
Joined
Mar 17, 2010
Messages
6
Hi. Right now I am running dualview with HDMI(primary) and Displayport(secondary) on my "ATI Radeon HD 5800".
With this I´m running Windows 7 and got my "Taskbar" on the secondary display. Problem with this is that the Taskbar are moved over to the primary display every time I turn on and off the displays which is very irritating becouse I turn them off every time I leave the computer.
Is there any way to fix this issue with the Displayport?
 
Hm, try setting the monitor you want the taskbar to be on as the primary monitor instead of just dragging the taskbar over to it?
 
Thanks for the tips but my dualview-background-wallpapper are starting on the wrong display then. Any more ideas?
 
Hm, weird, the wallpaper layout should be dependent on how you have the monitors organized on that arrangement panel in CCC where you can drag the monitors around. When you switched primaries did it move the monitors around in that layout gui?
 
No, the monitors where not moved around in the layout gui.

edit: Seems like you need your taskbar on your "Main screen" and your "Main screen" needs to be the center screen when you use Displayport(or else games and so on are started on wrong screen). REALLY sad if you ask me. Plz tell me if anyone got a solution to this....
 
Last edited:
So I couldn't quite replicate your problem but I did find the wallpaper starts on whatever monitor you set to primary and I know the taskbar likes to try to default to the primary monitor. I think you can solve the problem using Ultramon though if you haven't checked that app out yet.
 
Back
Top