Display Compatibility Issue?

synaps3

Gawd
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
957
I recently purchased a "working" display from a church for $5. Unfortunately, the monitor's cable has a male end on it instead of a the standard female end. I went to Microcenter, and bought a gender changer for $2 more than I spent on the monitor itself :mad: So anyways, I go home and plug it in and then plug the monitor into my vid card, and it picks up no signal. The monitor has 2 inputs; the standard-looking VGA signal and a wierd one that has 5 connectors; R, G, B, V-sync and H-sync. I checked the monitor's settings (in its options menu) and made sure the input was on VGA. It still does not work. The model on the front says "Viewsonic 17PS" Does this monitor run on a standard signal? Can I use it? And most importantly, DID I GET RIPPED OFF BY A CHURCH?
 
Back
Top