digital surveillance via internet/ motion sensitive cameras

wtiger

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi all. I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, but I was wondering if any of you know a place to look for information on building a remote video serveillance via internet setup. I have some property about an hour away from me where I've been having problems with tresspassers and poachers and I want to catch the buggers in the act. I posted up no trespassing sign and asked the renter to keep an eye out, but all I've gotten so far is whoever is doing it ripped the signs off and has continued with what they're doing. It's more than a little irritating. Especially since I've always been pretty free with letting people hunt and fish there so long as they ask permission and don't abuse it. If any of you could point me in a direction I'd apperciate it.

Dlink Surveillance

They make wired and wireless. They also make sturdy outdoor housings.
I think they had a few whitepages that explained the setup.

Or you could make your own housing,
Example housing

Just make sure to protect the cable going to the cam, with metal conduit or something similar so the tresspassers don't just cut your cords.

funny, after i posted this, i was checking out endgadget and this was one of the topics today.

Link to Att news release

Att is going to offer home surveillance, so the devil they may be, but if they're in your location, it might be worth checking into.

thanks for the links. I think I'm gonna go with something else though. after I figured up the costs it was a good bit more than I'm willing to spend. The area I'd use it is fairly remote so I think I'm gonna go with this and just go up every couple days and swap memory cards.

And if all that doesn't work you could build a tree stand and snipe them. -=goes back to playing COD2=-

Unfortunately network video cameras are one item that retains an extremely high price point and it doesn't look to be coming down anytime soon (been looking for something similar to OP for about 6 years now).

I was looking at installing some on a wireless network (running CAT 5 to them is pretty much out of the question)
anyone have some suggestions?

It would be located in a machine shop, has anyone seen issues of interference with welders and other things like that affecting 802.11G?

Edit: I see D-link has a few of them, look pretty nice too, Has anyone used any of the products? Is it pretty clear at 640X480?

Back