Digital output on Xbox 360. where?

raptor 33

n00b
When I get a 360 (soon) ($399 version) I want to use my Dell 2001 fp. Going to get that HD vga adaptor cable but I only see analog rca audio plugs on it. I want to use my Logitech Z-5500 for the audio and utilize the optical in on the Logitechs console but can't find the output port on the back of the 360 in any pictures I've seen of the console. IS there a optical out on the console? :confused:

raptor 33 said:
Yeah, but wont I be replacing that with VGA one? The vga adaptor doesn't look like it has a digital output.

i heard that you cant have digital (optical) output with the vga.

QFT = Quote For Truth, i believe

The VGA cable DOES have an optical out port, at least the official microsoft one does.

Erasmus354 said:
The VGA cable DOES have an optical out port, at least the official microsoft one does.
I found a picture that shows where the optical output is. It does in fact have one. Whew, that would have been a show stopper for me. It's on the plug assembly that you insert into the 360's back panel. I guess I should have done the "google" first eh? ;)

microsoft's vga adapter definately has an optical out...I have one...it works great.

Tetrahedron said:
i heard that you cant have digital (optical) output with the vga.

QFT = Quote For Truth, i believe

OR "Quite f**king true"

The VGA Lead I have certainly does have optical out on it for audio. I believe I have a joytech one.

Erasmus354 said:

Yup, the official Microsoft VGA cable does have a digital optical audio output. My friend was using those VGA cables with an optical cable running to his stereo reciever.

Also, since I JUST did this and couldn't find anything searchin for it.. the 360 looks great on a 2001fp.

GhostDog said:
Also, since I JUST did this and couldn't find anything searchin for it.. the 360 looks great on a 2001fp.

:) How did you know that was my next question!

Back