• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Diffrence between X-FI Extreme Music and Plat

Gun_Strife

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
3,343
Hey guys I'm looking for a soundcard and was woundering what's the big diffrence between the 2 cards, if all it is is the front panel and remote, then is it even worth it if I already have a remote for my reciever
thanks in advance guys
 
You are correct. The card itself is the same. Only the brekoutbox and the remote are different.

If you want to do any sort of audio recording I would strongly reccomend the Platinum edition. Also, if you use the Creative media center software for MP3 playback the remote will hold an edge over the remote on your receiver because it can change songs, but ONLY if you use Creative's software.

I myself have been stuck to the couch many times and been upset that I have to stand up to change to the next mp3 track. I wish my receiver could somehow do that :(
 
Smitty2k1 said:
You are correct. The card itself is the same. Only the brekoutbox and the remote are different.

If you want to do any sort of audio recording I would strongly reccomend the Platinum edition. Also, if you use the Creative media center software for MP3 playback the remote will hold an edge over the remote on your receiver because it can change songs, but ONLY if you use Creative's software.

I myself have been stuck to the couch many times and been upset that I have to stand up to change to the next mp3 track. I wish my receiver could somehow do that :(

Not true...
My remote works fine with Windows Media Player?

Terra...
 
ty smitty, now about the breakoutbox, does it really offer anything different or just same stuff moved to front of the case

and terra, u have the plat ver?, if u do ur saying ur remote that came with it works in wmp(audio and video?) and by chance have u tried it in any other programs like winamp or vlc player
 
Gun_Strife said:
ty smitty, now about the breakoutbox, does it really offer anything different or just same stuff moved to front of the case

and terra, u have the plat ver?, if u do ur saying ur remote that came with it works in wmp(audio and video?) and by chance have u tried it in any other programs like winamp or vlc player

I have the X-Fi Elite Pro.
But the remote and Creative's driver/software are the same.
And yes it works with mediaplayer from play to FFW to skip.

The neat thing though is the Creattive Entertantment Center.
Push "On/Off" o n th remote and you get a nice play, whhere you can browse you HD's, play moives, music(Not MP3 though?) powerpoint slides, wiev pics ect...

Just tested with a playlist in WinAmp, I change move up and down in songs in playlists and change songs, VLC dosn't seem to do anything.

I look up in my documentation, if there is anything about using/costumizing it's use.

Terra...
 
I have the ExtremeMusic and love it...and i think all that extra money for a remote is just stupid...go for the $110 model with free shipping from ZZF ;)
 
lol highway I know what you mean I would really love to have the remote but am trying to see if that was really all i was paying the extra for, which it really seems that way
but being able to do the things terra is talking about is rather cool though

so terra with the Creattive Entertantment Center software does it act like a mouse or what, like how can u browse ur hdd does it let u open folders?
 
Gun_Strife said:
lol highway I know what you mean I would really love to have the remote but am trying to see if that was really all i was paying the extra for, which it really seems that way
but being able to do the things terra is talking about is rather cool though

so terra with the Creattive Entertantment Center software does it act like a mouse or what, like how can u browse ur hdd does it let u open folders?

It look like this:
rcvisual20060501194538902ih.jpg


rcvisual20060501194548989vz.jpg


And I browse via the remote or keyboard.

Terra...
 
Back
Top