Dictionary list

imzjustplayin

[H]ard|Gawd
Where can I get a list of words from the dictionary? I'm doing a brute force attack on an archive my sister created, according to her, it's a word that should be able to be found in the dictionary. (She wants to see if I can crack it)

Also I'm wondering, would the word 'toolbar' be in the dictionary? Need the most comprehensive list of words possible and I'm not sure how to get this list of words.

I'm so confused. What is it you're trying to prove to your sister?

If you have access to the OED (Old English Dictionary), there's usually a word list on the left that gives a range of words close to the one you searched for and such. It's the closest thing I can think of right now.

She encrypted an archive, she is convinced I can't crack it unless I've got some amazingly powerful system. According to her it's a dictionary word, i'm looking for a list of words that I can put into a text file and then do a dictionary attack and I'm not sure where to get such a list.

Err a Brute force attack does NOT use a dictonary! a dictonary attack uses a dictonary

A brute-force is going through all combination

ie starting at "a" then going through to the last keyboard character. NExt moving onto "aa" "ab" "ac" ... and again untill all the way through. Then "ba" and so on

Back