Diablo2k's X-Qpack

Diablo2K

Supreme [H]ardness
Yeah I know, it is basicly stock, But I am kinda proud of it, I will also be posting more pics later as I make changes.
Xqpack01.jpg

the Rear Fan is by Coolermaster, the original fan is now inside the PSU, I dont like the coolermaster fan as the LEDs are positioned so the light shines straight thru the blades, they are really bright and are really anoying when setting at my desk, I will be changeing it with a Thermaltake Smart Fan 2 Soon.
Xqpack02.jpg

The design on front is just a Temp Tattoo I had, they are easy to apply and also easy to remove later if needed.
Xqpack03.jpg

Xqpack04.jpg

Xqpack05.jpg

Xqpack06.jpg

Xqpack08.jpg

this pics are just showing the rats nest of wires, I really dont know what to do with all of them. I stuffed some of the spare PSU wires behind the hard drive and the rest are stuffed into the lower front.
Xqpack09.jpg

I am trying to show how the Bracket for the Zalman Video cooler is actually touching the Northbridge Chip, It is pretty dark in there and I couldn't get any more light so the pic is kinda dark.

I like it. Very nice indeed.

If you know you are not going to add anything more to the system you can cut all the unused cables off. I would leave a power tail or two, but the rest can go.

The temp tattoo actually looks good.

Offtopic question...where did you get that clock? That is an awesome clock. Seriously...where did you get it?

Tiny said:
Offtopic question...where did you get that clock? That is an awesome clock. Seriously...where did you get it?
agreed! :D

and on topic, i do like that, temp tattoo is neat on it.......you should work on that rats nest....looks awesome tho, makes me want one but i think ill stick with towers for now

awesome work, keep it updated with changes!!!

soulsaver

The clock I got at Wal-Mart, It was like $12, It is a cool clock, you can change the display where the Date is to show Date, Temp, or the Alarm Time. Theres 2 things I dont like about it, First the display is really bright, takes a while to get use to having in your bedroom, Second is that it looks to much like those ugly ass I-Macs. I think it would look cool Modded to hold a VFD/LCD display or even better yet a Small TV screen, but that would be really hard to do as theres not much room, I am sure that with a little work and soldering a VFD would fit fine, a 4 line VFD/LCD would fit nicely and it would be large enough to fill the screen, but the TV screen would be really hard, the hardest part being finding one that will fit.

As far as the Rats nest, I did cut off one connector, it had 6 wires and a long thin connector, I think it was used when the first P4s came out, but I haven't ever seen a motherboard use one. Everything else is staying as I will be getting a better PSU soon. This one is only 350 watts and I would like to get 2 Raptors and I think a bigger PSU would be a good idea. also remember that I have a PATA Hard Drive, theres not alot of room to be running the IDE cable for it. also you cant really see it when the Case is together, but I do know its there and will be doing something about it.

Thanks for the good words!

I found your newegg posting-I'm guessing you got it set at 10X240? can it go any higher?

Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5 Diablo2k, 8/27/2005 12:14:47 AM
Great case
Bought this case not really knowing the size of it. It was larger then I expected but will work for me very well.
I had to replace the PSU as the 12 and 3.3 volt lines were to low, but that was kinda planned anyway.
Biggest problem I have had is running all the wires, took my time and tried different routing and got it all squared away, i highly suggest a SATA hard Drive and round cables on the Opticle and floppy Drive, Also the Lite-On drives are perfect for this case as they are very short and really help when upgradeing the PSU.
the stock Case fan is a good fan, makes just a little noise, but I would consider it a quite fan and still moves more then enough air to keep things cool.
My system:
Jetway A210GDMS Pro
Athlon 64 3200+ Winny @2.4ghz
6600GT
1gig PC3200
Fortron 350watt PSU
Maxtor 120gig PATA HD
Lite-On DVD-RW
Lite-On DVD
Fijitsu Floppy/Smart card Reader
Zalman 7000b-CU LED HSF
Zalman 700CU VGA Fan

I have never gotten it above 240fsb with the stability I had at 240. Recently tho I cant eeven get 240 perfectly stable. Everything seems fine till I try to run Prime95 and then it errors out, same with Memtest 86. I have gotten it to post at 250 but it was far from stable. but dont use my experiences as a guide of what this board can do, I am really a nnob when it come to overclocking, These newer boards just have to many things that I haven't kept up with. it use to be that you uped the core volts, increased the FSB till you hit your limit, now there deviders and timmings and so much more.

Alot of people here on the [H] have gotten alot higher than I have. I think the limit for this board is about 270fsb, but some have gotten higher.

Back