Diable ancillary monitors in Windows 7?

Decko87

2[H]4U
So I have my main monitor and my television hooked up to my GTX 280 and they both run seemlessly together in Windows 7. My one problem is that I can't seem to find an option to flat out disable the TV if I don't want any windows to be able to be dragged on to the second monitor. Where is this option hiding? It seemed a lot easier in Vista and XP to do this. I have the display panel open(under control panel), and I don't seem to be able to locate a disable feature.

Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution (it is on the left side pane in the Display area of the control panel).

Then under "Multiple Displays" pick either "Show Desktop only on 1" or "Show Desktop only on 2"

On the screen resolution display change the multiple displays setting for that monitor to "disconnect this display"

Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution (it is on the left side pane in the Display area of the control panel).

Then under "Multiple Displays" pick either "Show Desktop only on 1" or "Show Desktop only on 2"

This

Do this all of the time for my dualie setup. My secondary monitor is often used for work or for my secondary PC.

Back