Dent in the tweeter.

Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
41
I found a nice set of speakers for sale and one of them has a tiny dent in the tweeter cone. Will that affect their sound playing capabilities in any way? Thanks a bunch. If I buy these can I hook them up to my logitech z5500 to make sure that it will work? I don't have a receiver yet.
 
they will work fine, but you can easily fix the dent with a vacuum cleaner or some duct tape.
google a bit, there are some methods repairing a dent in the speakers.
 
dented tweeters aren't as bad as you'd think...if they still work, you'll never hear that it's dented. Is there a difference? MAYBE, but probably not if the dent is small enough. Now if the whole tweeter is pushed in, and it's metal that's not good, but a silk dome tweet can (like Shadowlord said) be sucked out with a vaccuum...
 
Back
Top