Dell XPS Gen 4 Case?

ekorazn

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 28, 2004
Messages
452
Looking for a case, and I believe this is a beautiful case. But I can't find any of these cases for sale. I don't want to drop $1600 for the whole system, nor around $400 for a barebone (I'm sticking with AMD so the Intel mobo is useless). Anyone know where I can buy one individually or something similar?
 
Be prepared for some major modding. the motherboard on the XPS Gen 4 doesn't screw down. It's attached to a tray that just lifts out of the case. You won't be able to use a standard I/O Shield either as once again, the IO Shield is part of that tray. You also will be stuck with the XPS' power supply which is NOT in any way shape or form a standard ATX PSU. It slides onto the bottom of the case and there's not a place above the motherboard to install a standard ATX PSU. All the fans will have to be replaced as they use Dell's proprietary fan connector and are of an oddball size.

I just checked eBay, and there are currently 3 Gen 4 cases for sale that include motherboard (a couple have Optical drives plus sound card and modem)....but they are damn near $500 + $80 for shipping. Soooooo not worth it.
 
Back
Top