Dell XPS 730 730X Case + 1000 Watt Power Supply (ONLY $50)

lol. Well anyway, im in for one of these dell XPS 730x case/psu. i also ordered a P270J oem motherboard with tray. just need to find an I7 now.

$52 shipping to me. That case must weight a ton. Too bad he doesn't just sell the power supply.

Last edited:
i like the case, i just hope its in decent shape. im pretty excited, this is my first Intel build ever. i want to cram 3 7970's in it.

i like the case, i just hope its in decent shape. im pretty excited, this is my first Intel build ever. i want to cram 3 7970's in it.

buttons...are you going to mod a mobo tray for it or did you end up buying the mobo/tray combo for the xps 730?

>>>> reread your earlier post , sorry about that...

Have fun with the system...

Last edited:
Looking into the power supply a bit, it appears to be a Hipro. "U662D 1kW EPA PFC HiPro Silver" is about all I can find. I've been running a Hipro out of an Alienware case for quite some time. I don't personally need an overweight, scratched, somewhat-broken case but... a 1000W power supply from a brand that I have so far no reason to hate for a reasonable price is tempting. Continuing to look into it, maybe will just buy that PSU by itself now that I know it exists. I've seen refurbs and factory pulls for $40+

Yeah, HiPro has been a good PSU maker for me as well in a couple servers that I've used. This is a solid dead for anyone that needs/wants it :)

Finally found a good pic of the PS specs:

21014842093882.jpg

90A on the 12v rail, pretty decent. Personally, though, with power supplies, I prefer to buy one that has received a 9.0-9.5 or above from jonnyguru. He's really the only person I trust regarding power supplies.

90A on the 12v rail, pretty decent. Personally, though, with power supplies, I prefer to buy one that has received a 9.0-9.5 or above from jonnyguru. He's really the only person I trust regarding power supplies.
I can't argue with you on that. but for someone on a budget this is a decent power supply! just happens to come with a case... Though the mobo tray is extra. I wonder how much the motherboard tray alone is direct from dell.

I can't argue with you on that. but for someone on a budget this is a decent power supply! just happens to come with a case... Though the mobo tray is extra. I wonder how much the motherboard tray alone is direct from dell.

I saw a few listings on ebay, one $20-$25/shipped. Says 720 in the auction title but description of auction says 730. KC275 I think is the part #.

I called the Dell Parts hotline and they refuse to sell it without the motherboard. ($585 !?!?!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:). The agent on the line specifically told me to look on ebay instead.

You can do what i did. order the motherboard WITH tray, then keep tray and resell motherboard. :) Ill let you guys know when mine shows up with plenty of pictures and so on.

Last edited:
it does not have 90 amps total though. the label even tells you its max is 950 watts combined on the 12v so that's 79 amps.

looks like my XPS case shows up on 8/8. motherboard with tray should be here today.

edit: i was a little bummed to see the PSU only has 4x 6pin pci-e connections. no 8 pins? i guess i wont run any 7970's in it.

Last edited:
Ah, that case brings back memories... My Gen 5 with a 3.0ghz prescott just died last week. God, that thing was baller.

Love how people are call this a "back-in-the-day" case :)

I just unboxed my XPS 730x case / PSU and O.M.G. does this thing look beautiful! I cannot see any imperfections on mine yet, hopefully others have the same luck.

The motherboard i ordered from ebay did not include the tray though the seller said it would and it was pictured. I emailed them and they said they would ship me the tray ASAP.

I have an I7-920 D0 stepping on its way to me too. Home made XPS 730x for $310 so far, no bad... not bad at all.

I just ran into my first problem. retail heatsink will not bolt or snap onto the motherboard. im not sure if im pressing hard enough, but when i check the dell service manual it looks like it needs screws instead of the plastic standoffs.

Anyone get any photos or find a way to enable the custom lighting?

Indeed!

I know a few people jumped on these things, anyone actually get a system together in one yet?

Back