• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell U2410f flickering

Blackl3ird

n00b
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
2
I bought a Dell Ultrasharp U2410 from a sketchy 3rd party seller on Amazon 11 months ago. It recently started shutting off and then back on when it gets warm. If I'm playing video on it, it happens faster. If I keep it on, it starts to flicker very fast. The serial number has been removed (didn't notice when I got it) and the seller says most of the items they sell don't have serial numbers. Like I said, sketchy. Because of that, Dell won't touch it. I found a capacitor repair kit here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Repair-Kit-...ment_Parts&hash=item35b806da4f#ht_5004wt_1052

But when I took the monitor apart, the capacitors seem ok.

There doesn't seem to be an eBay market for parts, and I wouldn't know where to start, so I guess I'll be recycling it if nobody here has ideas.

U2410f.jpg
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top