Dell U2410 vs HP LP2475w

j0cher90

n00b
Hello, I want to buy a new monitor and I don't know which of 2 monitors Dell U2410 and HP LP2475w is better. On paper both monitors have almost the same specifications. Recently I saw 2 photos that confused me. The HP panel look have a more pronounced pixel. The HP LP2475w have a poor image quality then Dell U2410?
I will use the monitor for WebDesign / WebProgramming / Photoshop / ps3 game. Thank you for your help.
dell_u2410.jpg

hp_lp2475w.jpg

Both the LP2475w and U2410 are mediocre monitors at best compared to newer models and are very overpriced now. Neither will display colors properly since they are wide gamut displays, both use a very grainy matte coating and both have mediocre black levels compared to modern monitors.

If you want a 1920x1200 IPS get the new NEC EA24WMi, it's much better than both of these and cheaper too

http://www.overclockers.ru/lab/5282...irovanie_monitora_NEC_MultiSync_EA244WMi.html
http://extrahardware.cnews.cz/recen...mi-je-levny-polomatny-ips-1920-x-1200-px-test

Also, you shouldn't base your conclusion off of pixperan pictures (race car) since it is only showing a few color transitions. One can not properly determine if monitor X is faster than monitor Y just by looking at the race car.

If you need a wide gamut monitor get the Dell U2413H but it has ghosting issues too.

Last edited:
I don't have money for a new monitor. The U2410 and lp2475w are second hand monitors.

lp2475 = 210 euro
u2410 = 280 euro

Which revisions is better on each monitors?

HP doesn't have any sRGB emulation hence it is unusable for anything other than working with software that support CMS (color management system). Wide gamut of this magnitude will make everything look ridiculously over-saturated, especially skin tones.

U2410 will look way better color-wise and it doesn't have any issues related to motion artifacts. Quite the contrary, it's faster than most TN on market even now

still I would suggest looking for more standard monitor. WCG-CCFL is rather rare and problematic on those cheap monitors. Even expensive EIZO/NEC will have some issues with this kind of backlight. I would rather suggest buying cheap new U2312HM. It will be better for ps3 and pc games and in real life those 120px won't matter. Don't buy any HP coz of input lag and avoid U2412M because it's bad for PS3 gaming

ps. i remember having some aspect ratio issues with 1280x720 and u2410 but I can't remember if it was on ps3 or pc... it's best to read forums

Back