Dell U2312 vs U2412

HDClown

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
222
Looking to pick from one of these two monitors to do a dual screen setup for my office computer. Has one or the other proven to be better overall? I can go either way on the resolution, so I'm trying to evaluate based on other factors.
 
They are pretty much the same apart from size+resolution and there are some large variances between review samples (contrast and backlighting), in other words no one can really say which one is truly better.

The best 23" IPS is actually the Asus PA238Q with factory calibrated colors, however the unit I bought has 33% less contrast than the review samples (Prad.de and Extrahardware CZ) by default and 50% less after calibration:mad:, still just as promised it had perfect color accuracy out of the box.
 
It's really not that much difference, I would save some money by getting the 23 inches.
 
The only reason I would see to get the U2312 vs the U2412 is if you are going to be hooking up an external source to it like a PS3 or something that needs 1080p instead of 1920x1200, since the U2412 does not have a scaler. Other than that, there's no reason not to get the U2412 in my opinion.
 
Back
Top