Dell T5810 - install SAS

TeleFragger

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 10, 2005
Messages
1,295
ok so I have a test machine at work and it has a 500gb sata hd in it. passmark results on the drive benchmark are horrible and I figured I would add something faster. I have a 450gb SAS drive sitting on my desk that I could put in it. I see the documentation states a SAS drive can be used but doesnt state how. Anyone know off hand how to install a sas drive into one of these?
Thx
 
It depends on the model and it's options. The base 5810 just has a SATA controller. There is an option for a SAS card, but without more info, we don't know if you have it or not.

That being said. That's a brand new series, so unless you ARE the IT dept, I'd ask them for help before you go messing around.
 
Lol... ummm yeah u can say I AM the IT dept. Of 9 sites and 4000 laboratory computers. This model is new to me and a vendor box that I have aquired. Going to make it my new VM box...

So yes after searching I do not have the SAS card model... hmmmm

Thx for the reply
 
Back
Top