• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell S series

shankle

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 28, 2008
Messages
89
Why is Dell constantly changing the model names of monitors?
First what is an "S" series monitor??
Is it any better than the Ultra Dell monitor? I don't think so.

as a side:
If I wanted to order an ASUS monitor I couldn't.
Their web site is a nightmare.
Would I want a monitor made in an Asian country?

These can't be any better than an OLED monitor which I
won't live long enough to see :(
 
There is a significant thread on the S series monitors:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1718116

They are probably a step below the Ultrasharp line, but it's probably safe to think of the S series as a premium consumer line and the Ultrasharps as a Professional line. Things like antiglare coating, displayport input, and ergonomic flexibility distinguish the lines.

Regarding your asides:

1. You can purchase ASUS monitors at retailers like Newegg and Amazon, among others.
2. Almost all LCD panels are manufactured in Southeast Asia. Even monitors assembled in other countries are generally built with parts sourced from a few OEMs.
 
Back
Top