• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Dell Precision T3500 HSF Replacement

  • Thread starter Deleted member 88301
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88301

Guest
I know it's a longshot, but I thought I'd ask. I've a Precision T3500 with a Xeon X5560. It has the "upgraded" HSF, lower TDP models came with an all aluminum HSF. Anyway, Prime95 is really heating things up, like 90C. That's weird since throttling should kick in by then, but doesn't. Idle is around 40-45C, stress under games, 58 to 75C.

There is no way to control fan speeds through BIOS. The fans never ramp up. I've added one 80mm exhaust fan, through Molex. Everything is pretty much dust-free.

As this is an old computer that was donated to me I'm sure that a re-application of AS5 is in order. But if that doesn't help, do any of you have any recommendations for a new HSF? The Dell Precision T3500 case is mid-tower, and pretty tight.


Thanks!
 
shhh... don't mention AS5 around here. people hate on it so bad! I love it and still use but I just don't tell anyone anymore, my dirty little secret. ;)
if there is a bios option to turn off the fan warnings you could always connect it directly to a molex for full rpm all the time. or you could get a fan controller to manually adjust it. as far as replacing the HSF you prob could find something better. you will just have to measure approximate dimensions, especially height. but if the board isn't controlling the fan now you will still have that issue with a new hsf.
 
Back
Top