Dell LCDs

I know everyone's head over heals for the 2001FP, from what i've read it performs well in everything, including games.

But how about some other Dell displays? Are there any other good performers? that maybe are a little cheaper:)

how's the 1703FP or the 1901FP ?

I guess what i'm saying is, are there any other Dell monitors that can compete with the 2001FP (everything except for size obviously) because i'm looking for a nice LCD that performs in gaming/DVD playback near perfectly (I know nothing is as good as a CRT yet..so don't bother with that), because i'm moving into my dorm this summer and I probably wont have enough room for a huge CRT.

Actually, let me now of any LCD that strikes your fancy; I need the user's opinions.

A nice 17-19" LCD would leave me very happy :) I've looked at the samsung 172x, but the price is really high for a 17 inch monitor..and the reviews have varied so much that i'm unsure about it's performance.

Watch out for the 1901. You will be sure to wait about a month for it to arrive unless you get it of Ebay and pay high shipping rates. I'm still waiting fo rmine :mad:

Still waiting Ever??? you should call them

I just got my 1801FP last week, It is an awesome monitor so far. The first one i had had one dead pixel in the middle of the screen and my replacement came last week, and it is perfect still.:) I haven't noticed any ghosting yet:D It plays DVD's nicely too!

My sister has the 1703FP, and it really nice as well, don't know about gaming on it though, it should be pretty good.

the 1901, isnt supposed to be very good for gaming.

I just got my 1800fp today and it's incredible. The response time isn't rated 16ms like the 2001fp, but it's still fine for gaming, as many users on here will vouch for. The colors are great, it's got a slim bezel, and mine came with 0 dead pixels!

Back