quote from: popupman @ http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/p/19029654/19948896.aspx
"When using DVI, I can't change the positioning.. so, finally getting frustrated, I hooked my laptop up to the VGA port, manually changed the positioning values while in Analog input, turned off the monitor, unplugged the laptop, plugged back in the DVI, and there we go! That fixed it for me. Hope that works for y'all"
SOLVED!
I have a DEll E248WFP with a weird problem. The image is shifted down by about 2-3mm. If I go in the menu and do factory reset -> positioning, this fixes the problem and the image is centered on the display again. However, every time the monitor goes in standby or is turned off/on again the problem comes back. The image gets shifted down. I dont understand why it "forgets" the position information.
More info on current setup:
Windows 7 64bit
1920x1200
HDMI->DVI cable
using the on-die gfx on my AMD A8-3850 with an ASRock A75M-ITX
Had the problem with my vaio vgn-z590 (hdmi-dvi) with ubuntu 10.10 and with my girlfriend's old dell P4 (dvi->dvi) with windows xp
It happened with multiple computers running an range of OS. When I run something like ZNSES at 1600x1200 fullscreen the problem is gone but will come back upon returning to Windows at 1920x1200.
Does anyone have any idea what is going on?
I have called Dell and they said they could replace it with a refurbished panel but I have no dead pixels and I think I would find dead pixels worse than the slight shit, which granted is annoying.
Well I found more people with the problem. Going to document everything here in case others with the problem find this thread.
Dell E248WFP
Driver 1.0.0.0
Date: 6/20/2007
Monitor Name : DELL E248WFP
Serial Number : RN07185S474U
Manufacture Week : 22 / 2008
ManufacturerID : 44048 (0xAC10)
ProductID : 41006 (0xA02E)
Serial Number (Numeric) : 876033109 (0x34373455)
EDID Version : 1.3
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/p/19029654/19948896.aspx
http://www.allquests.com/question/1795355/E248WFP-Display-shifted-down.html
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?p=33157317
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1680401
http://ask.metafilter.com/195210/My-monitor-shifts-position-every-time-it-loses-signal-or-shuts-off
"When using DVI, I can't change the positioning.. so, finally getting frustrated, I hooked my laptop up to the VGA port, manually changed the positioning values while in Analog input, turned off the monitor, unplugged the laptop, plugged back in the DVI, and there we go! That fixed it for me. Hope that works for y'all"
SOLVED!
I have a DEll E248WFP with a weird problem. The image is shifted down by about 2-3mm. If I go in the menu and do factory reset -> positioning, this fixes the problem and the image is centered on the display again. However, every time the monitor goes in standby or is turned off/on again the problem comes back. The image gets shifted down. I dont understand why it "forgets" the position information.
More info on current setup:
Windows 7 64bit
1920x1200
HDMI->DVI cable
using the on-die gfx on my AMD A8-3850 with an ASRock A75M-ITX
Had the problem with my vaio vgn-z590 (hdmi-dvi) with ubuntu 10.10 and with my girlfriend's old dell P4 (dvi->dvi) with windows xp
It happened with multiple computers running an range of OS. When I run something like ZNSES at 1600x1200 fullscreen the problem is gone but will come back upon returning to Windows at 1920x1200.
Does anyone have any idea what is going on?
I have called Dell and they said they could replace it with a refurbished panel but I have no dead pixels and I think I would find dead pixels worse than the slight shit, which granted is annoying.
Well I found more people with the problem. Going to document everything here in case others with the problem find this thread.
Dell E248WFP
Driver 1.0.0.0
Date: 6/20/2007
Monitor Name : DELL E248WFP
Serial Number : RN07185S474U
Manufacture Week : 22 / 2008
ManufacturerID : 44048 (0xAC10)
ProductID : 41006 (0xA02E)
Serial Number (Numeric) : 876033109 (0x34373455)
EDID Version : 1.3
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/p/19029654/19948896.aspx
http://www.allquests.com/question/1795355/E248WFP-Display-shifted-down.html
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?p=33157317
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1680401
http://ask.metafilter.com/195210/My-monitor-shifts-position-every-time-it-loses-signal-or-shuts-off
Last edited: