Dell Cheerleaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

machwireless

[H]ard|Gawd
Why is it when someone has a problem with Dell or their equipment, you get these cheerleaders from Dell running around here blaming the customer for the issue?

Dell is by far not a perfect computer company so why to try down someone that is asking for help with a product that Dell's Award Winning Tech Support is not helping them with?

GEEZUS I wish some of these Dell cheerleaders would get off Dell's sacks.

machwireless said:
Why is it when someone has a problem with Dell or their equipment, you get these cheerleaders from Dell running around here blaming the customer for the issue?

Dell is by far not a perfect computer company so why to try down someone that is asking for help with a product that Dell's Award Winning Tech Support is not helping them with?

GEEZUS I wish some of these Dell cheerleaders would get off Dell's sacks.

Why is it whenever anyone mentions that they have a Dell, or are thinking of getting one you get people like you running round "DUDE. WTF, why did you get a Dell, you dumbass, Dell are ghey....blah blah blah"

No one said they are perfect but they aren't half as bad as people like you make out.

GEEZUS I wish some of these Dell haters would get off Dell's back. :rolleyes: :D

calibos said:
No one said they are perfect but they aren't half as bad as people like you make out.

GEEZUS I wish some of these Dell haters would get off Dell's back. :rolleyes: :D
I think it's a mental problem. Seriously. I made a thread about it on the other genmay a while ago.

They make some great monitors.

Maybe, I really liked my new 2500FPW... the backlighting gets worse every time I turn it on. Now, it is horrendous, and this is on the latest revision. Hopefully they have a good replacement policy, because this thing is turning into junk quick.

I never said I hated Dell but I am not a Dell advocate like I get a check from them every month either.

They are good for something but some people go overboard with the praise.

Its about as sickening as watching ur mom have sex with an 18 year old.

machwireless said:
I never said I hated Dell but I am not a Dell advocate like I get a check from them every month either.

Its about as sickening as watching ur mom have sex with an 18 year old.

Where do people go overboard with praise?? They don't even go overboard with praise on the bloody official Dell forums FFS.

In all my years on various forums I don't think I've ever seen a thread started with the express purpose of praising Dell. The only time I see Dell get praise is actually in stupid threads like these where some people come to their defense when unfair accusations are levelled at Dell.

Point me to a thread on any forum where someone starts a thread stating that Dell are brilliant, Dell are the best, all you self-builders like to watch ur mom have sex with an 18 year old, Dell are great because they don't fit 'ghey' AMD cpu's, Dells CS or Tech support are the best etc etc

The closest you'll get to a thread like that in 'praise' of Dell is someone starting a thread with "I see Dell get a lot of bad press but I thought I'd give credit where credits due, I had a duff HDD and Dells CS was great and shipped me a replacement overnight" etc etc

IE. You never see pointless threads 'Praising' Dell all the time but you do see pointless threads dissing Dell for frivolous reasons all the time. Like this thread.

calibos said:
Where do people go overboard with praise?? They don't even go overboard with praise on the bloody official Dell forums FFS.

In all my years on various forums I don't think I've ever seen a thread started with the express purpose of praising Dell. The only time I see Dell get praise is actually in stupid threads like these where some people come to their defense when unfair accusations are levelled at Dell.

Point me to a thread on any forum where someone starts a thread stating that Dell are brilliant, Dell are the best, all you self-builders like to watch ur mom have sex with an 18 year old, Dell are great because they don't fit 'ghey' AMD cpu's, Dells CS or Tech support are the best etc etc

The closest you'll get to a thread like that in 'praise' of Dell is someone starting a thread with "I see Dell get a lot of bad press but I thought I'd give credit where credits due, I had a duff HDD and Dells CS was great and shipped me a replacement overnight" etc etc

IE. You never see pointless threads 'Praising' Dell all the time but you do see pointless threads dissing Dell for frivolous reasons all the time. Like this thread.
Nobody put a gun to ur IP address and told you to post.

almost all of my experience with Dell has been bad... so I'm not one to judge I guess! :D

QJ

pxc said:
i knew it was a mental problem.
I just asked a question and people getting over sensitive. GEEZUS

I did not pull out an MK5 and tell anyone to read or post on this thread.

If you're not an enthusiasts, then Dell probably makes a machine out there to suit your every need. They sell them cheaper than I can build them in most cases (with a warranty), and I don't have any trouble at all recommending them to the average person.

Plus, like someone posted before, they make great monitors. Love my 2005FP. :cool:

<rant>

People just need to keep in mind that no matter *who* build the system, Dell, Compaq, HP, Gateway or whoever - there is going to be somebody out there who doesn't like them. You know what they say...opinions are like a**holes, everyone's got one. Just make sure if you (not you directly, but people in general) are going to flame someone over they're choice and purchases, to be prepared to get some in return one day.

</rant>

Have a good day!!! :D

Ax

azzkikur said:
They make some great monitors.
No, they buy some great OEM monitors and rebadge them...

DELL makes nothing, they sell rebadged OEM gear...don't get me wrong, I'm typing this from a Dell GX260, with a Trinitron 19in monitor that has a big fat DELL badge on it...:D

Usually if you're having problems, you can look in the DELL support forum, and maybe find the answer before talking with the "flash card" level techs...since a lot of the higher level techs are in the Dell support forums...

my only issue with Dell is that they have 231320864060 different phone numbers to solve one problem and the introduction of the Indian que is just a plow to piss people off.

other than that, they are better than.................................................................................................................

machwireless said:

well, i do advocate Dell, what they are doing is offering cheap parts for cheap prices, to the consumer who is lazy and dosent have teh nerve or pantince to build a custom set up, if i didnt know what i know about computers, dam straight id go with Dell

whoever flames OEM's is just a wanna be bang wagon boi, they are cheap products with cheap prices, simple and clean, you dont like it, go somewhere else, if you do, this is the forum for you (OEM forum that is)

if you build custom stuff thats cool, mad props, dont hate on someone who spends 2 grand more then you did......id rather spend 2 grand more for 24/7 tech support, than put something togheter and hope it works.........lots of people dont know or dont care to know about computers, let them be

soulsaver_8229

machwireless said:
my only issue with Dell is that they have 231320864060 different phone numbers to solve one problem and the introduction of the Indian que is just a plow to piss people off.

other than that, they are better than.................................................................................................................

try microsoft support, i have to call 4 differnt numbers, got put on hold 4 times by same person, and took an hour of talking to 1 person to fix issue, so all in all, 3 hours of time dolging around

soulsaver_8229

I have been trying for a few days now, and I can't think of another product that people eaither "Hate or Love". It seems rare to find someone who is really right down the middle on these forums. I think this even surpasses the scion cars and physics :D.

I honestly wonder, if Dell just offered AMD64 processors, if there would be as many haters out there.

All in all though, I was optermistic with the company untill they outsourced jobs to other countries other then the US for cheaper laber at drastically reduced customer service. Then my option changed very quickly. Its a bad business model in the long run, as Dell is starting to find out. The sad part is other companies have'nt learned yet..... oh well, I guess we will just have to invest in small companies to offer better services then the big ones and overthrow them?

in my opinion, the PC companies with the best customer service is Emachines and Toshiba.

flawless

towert7 said:
I have been trying for a few days now, and I can't think of another product that people eaither "Hate or Love". It seems rare to find someone who is really right down the middle on these forums. I think this even surpasses the scion cars and physics :D.

I honestly wonder, if Dell just offered AMD64 processors, if there would be as many haters out there.

All in all though, I was optermistic with the company untill they outsourced jobs to other countries other then the US for cheaper laber at drastically reduced customer service. Then my option changed very quickly. Its a bad business model in the long run, as Dell is starting to find out. The sad part is other companies have'nt learned yet..... oh well, I guess we will just have to invest in small companies to offer better services then the big ones and overthrow them?

you cant think of another product people eaither love or hate on these forums?
ati, nvida, intel, amd, asus, msi list goes on......

no, if dell offered A64 proc they wouldnt make as much, and heres why
Intell has the leading edge on consumers, more people regonize intel products than AMD therfore they wont be as known, so people would be iffy on buying something non intel based

you changed your opinon on them when you found out they outsource? find me a big company that dosent outsource, im tired of talking to indains with craptacular names like "Bob" and "Larry" and "Jane" as much as the next guy, but thats business, to make more money you undercut, you find loopholes

and think about it, what part of a dell was actualy made in usa anyway? its all outsourceing bs that all companies do........you know that 80pct of walmarts products come from japan alone? thats no lie eaither..........tell me how american is that?

soulsaver_8229

soulsaver_8229 said:
you cant think of another product people eaither love or hate on these forums?
ati, nvida, intel, amd, asus, msi list goes on......

no, if dell offered A64 proc they wouldnt make as much, and heres why
Intell has the leading edge on consumers, more people regonize intel products than AMD therfore they wont be as known, so people would be iffy on buying something non intel based

you changed your opinon on them when you found out they outsource? find me a big company that dosent outsource, im tired of talking to indains with craptacular names like "Bob" and "Larry" and "Jane" as much as the next guy, but thats business, to make more money you undercut, you find loopholes

and think about it, what part of a dell was actualy made in usa anyway? its all outsourceing bs that all companies do........you know that 80pct of walmarts products come from japan alone? thats no lie eaither..........tell me how american is that?

soulsaver_8229

Yea, I know about the walmart thing.

About dell offering AMD64 processors, im not saying if its good for normal people, im just curious if there would be so many Dell haters on this site...

And your right, many big companies are doing this "outsourcing" fad. We had to talk to a credit card company, and the call center was india based.
My mom is loosing her job as a Senior billing rep at nisource because they took IBM's consulting advice and are going to consolerdate reps in diffrent places, very likely in another country. :(

machwireless said:
Nobody put a gun to ur IP address and told you to post.

Oh the Irony! I guess the rumours are true, americans just don't 'do' Irony.

Nobody put a gun to your head either to create a pointless thread.

Your initial Dell cheerleader question would be valid if we were talking about a particular thread were someone had a valid issue with Dell and reason to be disgruntled with them and then a Dell cheerleader came along and wouldn't here a bad word said against them.

Again, I've never ever seen an un-critical Dell Accolyte 'Cheerlead' Dell. Any 'Dell Cheerleaders' I've seen have always qualified their statements, ie. Dell aren't perfect, their CS sometimes leaves a lot to be desired but you are making a mountain out of a molehill etc etc

Your initial Dell cheerleader question is not valid because it is obvious you are talking about the "Dude, I'm never getting a Dell again" thread. No one in that thread to my knowledge told the OP to accept that Dell are perfect and that they don't have the right to complain. The 'Dell Cheerleaders' merely said that it was ridiculous to make a childish temper tantrum like statement that he was never getting a Dell again because one of his new office Dells happened to have a duff HDD. Shit happens.

Do you think the 'AMD Cheerleaders' would respond to a thread from some self builder saying they were never getting a AMD CPU again because of a DOA by saying yeah your right mate, "one DOA AMD is one too many, you are so right never to buy AMD again"
No they would say "get a grip mate, you're gonna run out of CPU manufacturers very soon with that attitude"

Same thing. Thats the extent of "Dell Cheerleading" I've ever seen

calibos said:
Oh the Irony! I guess the rumours are true, americans just don't 'do' Irony.

Nobody put a gun to your head either to create a pointless thread.

Your initial Dell cheerleader question would be valid if we were talking about a particular thread were someone had a valid issue with Dell and reason to be disgruntled with them and then a Dell cheerleader came along and wouldn't here a bad word said against them.

Again, I've never ever seen an un-critical Dell Accolyte 'Cheerlead' Dell. Any 'Dell Cheerleaders' I've seen have always qualified their statements, ie. Dell aren't perfect, their CS sometimes leaves a lot to be desired but you are making a mountain out of a molehill etc etc

Your initial Dell cheerleader question is not valid because it is obvious you are talking about the "Dude, I'm never getting a Dell again" thread. No one in that thread to my knowledge told the OP to accept that Dell are perfect and that they don't have the right to complain. The 'Dell Cheerleaders' merely said that it was ridiculous to make a childish temper tantrum like statement that he was never getting a Dell again because one of his new office Dells happened to have a duff HDD. Shit happens.

Do you think the 'AMD Cheerleaders' would respond to a thread from some self builder saying they were never getting a AMD CPU again because of a DOA by saying yeah your right mate, "one DOA AMD is one too many, you are so right never to buy AMD again"
No they would say "get a grip mate, you're gonna run out of CPU manufacturers very soon with that attitude"

Same thing. Thats the extent of "Dell Cheerleading" I've ever seen
Calm down or we will sent our troops over there.

I thought this thread was gonna be about booth babes in dell costumes. I was disappointed when I saw another pro/anti-dell flame war.

edit: got beaten to it.

lemme repair this thread.
IMGP6775girl%20with%20dell.JPG

thanks, google.

PCJ said:
I thought this thread was gonna be about booth babes in dell costumes. I was disappointed when I saw another pro/anti-dell flame war.

edit: got beaten to it.

lemme repair this thread.

thanks, google.
great job. do all of you have boners now? satisfied?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back