Dell 2005FPW not being recognized

Ghostface Killah

Limp Gawd
I recently recieved my new Dell 2005FPW in the mail today and hooked everything up. Though when I turned it on nothing came on the screen, and my video card stopped working (As in the lights on the video card turned off, would not work on the other screen, but this is another problem)

So I found my other PCI-E Video card and everything works great, on my 17 inch LCD Monitor. Though I tried DVI and VGA for the 2005FPW but it does not work, the monitor turns on to a blank screen, and then it goes into stand by mode.

I am hoping that there is an extremely easy solution to this. Thank you

I forget which button but you have to press one on the front of the monitor a couple times to get it to kick over to DVI. Also, make sure you have ONLY the DVI cable plugged in, not both VGA and DVI cables.

If the solid advise previously mentioned doesn't get it to display, try connecting the 2005 by vga just to test the functionality of the monitor at all. You card works fine on the other monitor so digital is okay. If vga works it could be your dvi cable or the monitors dvi functionality.

L.E.

uhhh dont forget you might have had to remove the old monitor drivers if any.

for instance, last night when i plugged in my new 2005fpw, windows would start but not display anything. so i simply restarted to safe mode, removed my viewsonic drivers (i had a professional 20" CRT that needed the drivers for the higher rezzes + refresh rates. like 120mhz at 1280 :O) then restarted again, windows would start, then installed the drivers from the cd that came with the monitor.

Back