• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell 2001FP question/recommendation

alkaline

Gawd
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
727
I am looking into purchasing a dell 2001fp. should i do this? I need some input wether or not i should get this monitor. It will be used for gaming and lots of web browsing. I would like some input/reviews from 2001fp owners on this monitor.

oh, and if you think it sucks, tell me why and suggest another monitor
 
Dont buy it.
icon13.gif


Very poor black levels , motion blur, poor 400:1 contrast ratio, I owned one for awhile but sent it back to Dell , I would recommend a specific LCD but Im back to using a CRT. I just know there are much better LCDs nowadays.
 
I ordered one 13 months ago and returned it after just a couple of weeks. Mathesar explained it. I'm not a big LCD fan and this is one of the poorer ones, IMO.
 
one word to describe it, great. Got one last friday, already played PS2, watched TV on it using a VCR as a Tuner, and did lots of reading and work on it, only complaint is I bought it secondhand without warranty and it has dead pixels. It's still the greatest monitor I've ever had, between this and my 1704fpt, it has better blacks, far more inputs, and although there might be ghosting, I don't really mind it. I'll have more to say after I get a chance for some HL2 and Warcraft 3 action on it, but for now, it's found a permanent place in my room.

-dan
 
Wow, If you think PS2 looks good on it then you're obviously easy to please, I was appalled at how horribly bad PS2 & Xbox looked when connected through the Svideo inputs ,the monitor is having to scale down to 640x480 with s-video and it wasnt a pretty sight.
 
Back
Top