Well just a quick breakdown for this monitor in case anyone was interested in it (or could get it for a good deal like I did, spent maybe $150 for it).
Pros:
Looks: Awesome, great adjustment, very sleek
Brightness: Too bright, turn it down
Speed: Its an 8ms, I can't see ghosting at all.
Blacks/Whites: Deepest blacks I've ever seen. Wonderful Contrast. Snowy whites.
Colors: Awesome and Vivid
USB Hub built in.
No Dead Pixels!
Cons:
Viewing angle: Is rather average. I have an LCD TV right next to it, and the viewing angle is much better. Expect some distortion of image and washing if your viewing from the very sides. No problems if you sit infront of the monitor or tilt your head side to side.
No hardware contrast adjustments in DVI. No big for me, but might be for some people?
Some thoughts:
I don't have *too* much experience with LCDs. I've have a couple laptops (which all had pure shit for contrast, viewing angle, brightness etc). To give you an example, a Dell XPS M170 I owned had by far one the worst LCDs I've ever laid eyes on. There were layers of "grains (known as sparkles)", the whites were basically GRAY, and viewing angle was absolutely horrible. The only thing was that it didn't ghost.
Anyway, this monitor is killer at the price point of around $200, which I would suggest getting along with a system deal. (I got a :
Pentium D 2.8, XFI-Xtreme Music, 1 Gig of RAM, 80gb HD, DVD burner, Multi-Card Reader, and the monitor. All for $707 shipped. Added a 7900GT, and the system screams. Albeit the processor isnt the fastest and the HD is a bit dated, but tell me where else you can get this kind of system w/ speakers, keyboard, monitor, one of the fastest graphics cards, a dual core CPU, and XFI!! for $1000 total!)
Pros:
Looks: Awesome, great adjustment, very sleek
Brightness: Too bright, turn it down
Speed: Its an 8ms, I can't see ghosting at all.
Blacks/Whites: Deepest blacks I've ever seen. Wonderful Contrast. Snowy whites.
Colors: Awesome and Vivid
USB Hub built in.
No Dead Pixels!
Cons:
Viewing angle: Is rather average. I have an LCD TV right next to it, and the viewing angle is much better. Expect some distortion of image and washing if your viewing from the very sides. No problems if you sit infront of the monitor or tilt your head side to side.
No hardware contrast adjustments in DVI. No big for me, but might be for some people?
Some thoughts:
I don't have *too* much experience with LCDs. I've have a couple laptops (which all had pure shit for contrast, viewing angle, brightness etc). To give you an example, a Dell XPS M170 I owned had by far one the worst LCDs I've ever laid eyes on. There were layers of "grains (known as sparkles)", the whites were basically GRAY, and viewing angle was absolutely horrible. The only thing was that it didn't ghost.
Anyway, this monitor is killer at the price point of around $200, which I would suggest getting along with a system deal. (I got a :
Pentium D 2.8, XFI-Xtreme Music, 1 Gig of RAM, 80gb HD, DVD burner, Multi-Card Reader, and the monitor. All for $707 shipped. Added a 7900GT, and the system screams. Albeit the processor isnt the fastest and the HD is a bit dated, but tell me where else you can get this kind of system w/ speakers, keyboard, monitor, one of the fastest graphics cards, a dual core CPU, and XFI!! for $1000 total!)