decided to try Intel ARC 770 16GB card

Vengance_01

Supreme [H]ardness
I am moving back into a normal size case 11L Lian-Li Dan A4 H20(Biggest I want to go). Selling my current RTX A2000 SFF card for abut 250-300$ to off set the cost. I like the compact size, decent performance, good value and 16GB of VRAM. Went with the Sparkle ROC OC model. 282mm in length and dual 100mm fans (hoping for quiet operation)

Card is in but call me impressed. So far on the 5-6 games I have tried no troubles handling 1440p and high/max details with no scaling. Card runs fairly cool. Custom fan curve(more towards quiet) Reduced power from stock 220 watts to 185 watts and I can see the card is boosting 150MHZ more than stock boost clocks. Seeing around 2450-2500mhz on core. Intel's Arc Control software while barebones seems to get the job done atm. I am hoping with the extra VRAM and Intel's commitment to gen 2 and constant driver updates the card will only get better with age. Sparkle did a good job with the card. One thing I noticed is the 40 watt idle consumption. I know this is hit and miss. Just need to play around with a few things. Despite the power draw idle temps are in the low 40's. I hope more ppl buy intel cards. We need more competition as Nvidia is just destroying the competition. GPU prices are getting out of hand.

That´s really great and deserve more atenttion/praise.

Intel igfx too are very good for the price and we desperately need more competition.

Most people are buying Arc for the media engine, they compete with Nvidia in that regard even if everyone has overlooked that part.

When I had the A770 Titan I was mostly impressed with how quickly drivers were updated/patched. Cadence was near twice monthly. Not sure if that has slowed since but that was crazy.

When I had the A770 Titan I was mostly impressed with how quickly drivers were updated/patched. Cadence was near twice monthly. Not sure if that has slowed since but that was crazy.
it's cause they were so broken 🤣 it's much better but still not on par with Nvidia or AMD. lastest driver was as of May 24

Didn’t NattyKathy break a world record with one of these? … these are pretty capable cards … sort of driver limited to a point.. I can’t wait for Xe2!
Yep, I currently have A770 WRs on HWBot for Time Spy, 3DM2001, 3DM Vantage, and Superposition. I was #1 for Steel Nomad too but someone on the HWBot Discord got a higher score the other day.

On a Sparkle Titan A770 (same PCB as the new ROC models afaik just different stock cooler) with custom open-loop hybrid cooling and voltmod.

IMG_20240523_213453831_HDR.jpg

To OP, glad you are enjoying the card! Now that drivers have matured, Arc is a really good low-midrange option IMO. Here's to hoping Xe2 / Battlemage will be a hit!

I got my A770 at launch and had it in the machine for a just a few days before pulling it out. I stuck if back in the machine late last year or early this year, can't remember exactly.
What I do remember is that the previous 2 driver updates hard locked my machine. Not sure what caused them but the drivers were installed so it seems to have locked up right when it was done.
The latest driver installed fine with no issue.
I've only tried Overwatch and Diablo 4 on it and both ran decent at 3440x1440 with whatever automatic optimal graphic settings the games chose.

IMG_6924.JPG

The only issue that I'm having is with game mode being active when watching YouTube, it keeps kicking in and out which makes the screen black in and out with game mode firing up and then back off, disabling game mode doesn't help, rebooting sometimes works and it acts normal without kicking game mode in on YouTube.

The only issue that I'm having is with game mode being active when watching YouTube, it keeps kicking in and out which makes the screen black in and out with game mode firing up and then back off, disabling game mode doesn't help, rebooting sometimes works and it acts normal without kicking game mode in on YouTube.
so far no black screen issues.. here hoping I don't see them. I know I disabled everything in the arc control panel except the GPU stat overlay.

Fwiw it seems (from my experience so far outputting to 3 different monitors and a capture card) HDMI may be a little less reliable than DP on Arc. I've also had some intermittent issues with displays being detected while hotplugging, sometimes a reboot is needed to get an image.

Back