Decent Basic sound card

trckn4life

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
213
I'm looking for a basic PCI soundcard because my computer now sometimes clips or the sounds gets interuppted and it's using the built in audio. I'm hoping a seprate card will help. I want to hook it up to my stereo (and have on and off). But when bringing up the task manager when the clipping or blips in the music occurs. It's not running out of memory (1.25Gb) but sometimes the CPU maxes out. Any suggestions? Hopefully under $50.

I'm not that famnilar with computer sound cards. Do any soundscards for the computer have optical outs? Is it worth using an optical out?
 
Chaintech AV-710? $25-$30. Has an optical out.

But it may not cure the cracking problem. I believe the cracking may be introduced by kmixer (windows resampler) I guess due to scheduling problems? When I had 710, the only time I didn't have cracks while using keyboard is when I played music in foobar in kernel streaming mode, bypassing kmixer. Now I have an x-fi fatality and use the ASIO plugin for foobar, again no cracking.
 
How do you use kernal streaming mode and bypass kmixer? (its not automatic in foobar is it?)
 
I never hear cracking in my sound. My keyboard is usb however.
 
Back
Top