Dead Pixel or Sub pixel

Woods

n00b
Here with 2335 and have two tiny green pixel on black backround is it dead pixel og sub pixel ????

thx

They are two stuck sub pixels.

EDIT: Most of the time, a sub pixel and pixel are used interchangably when talking about pixel defects on LCDs.

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear that. Stuck on max green is the worst, at least as far as single subpixel problems go.

be happy, sub pixels are the best of its kind (most i've seen blends pretty well). a full blown stuck is the worst (often colored on black, bright), followed by a dead (black on white).

Actually I think fully dead (always black) is the least annoying. They're just less visible. I've got a cheapo 14" LCD in the iMac I concerted to a PC. It's got a cluster of 5-6 dead (always black) pixels, and I never notice them.

I have a single stuck red (well, it does red/magenta correctly, but appears blueish on black screens, etc), and it's not too noticeable only on really light colored screens, especially white. And it's virtually impossible to pick out of the crowd in a game unless I look for 30 seconds to find it.

Back