dead cpu

so all i did was put another cooler on my cpu and now it doesn't boot. Doesn't look like i got as5 on the contracts because it looks totally clean. could it be that i put too much pressure on the ihs and broke the die itself? i'm thinking that's unlikely because i used a bolt down kit and i would assume it takes ALOT of pressure to break it through the ihs. Also i have a e4500, so they use thermal paste between the ihs and die instead of solder making it even harder to break from pressure.
here's some other information, ok so nothing shows up on the monitor AT ALL. the cpu fan is a 4 pin, and when there is no cpu in the socket the cpu fan will spin up, but when i put th e4500 in the cpu fan doesn't spin up.

Make sure your ram and video card are properly seated and didn't get jarred lose.

Go back to ground zero - cpu, ram and video only. Check all your connections.

id say the more likely scenerio is that maybe the mobo is shorting or something isnt seated properly, since you mentioned having a bolt kit IE took out the mobo and put it back in. Try it outside of the case on a box(the one the mobo came in or something) with just the psu, mobo, cpu, ram, and gpu. try and get it to post. clear the cmos too. If still nothing, take out the ram and see if it will throw beep codes. if so, the cpu is doing something.

so all i did was put another cooler on my cpu and now it doesn't boot. <SNIP> the cpu fan is a 4 pin, and when there is no cpu in the socket the cpu fan will spin up, but when i put th e4500 in the cpu fan doesn't spin up.

Sounds exactly like my symptoms that I experienced earlier this week. Check your LGA 775 socket. I don't know how, but somehow when installing my OCZ Vendetta 2 as a replacment to my Intel stock HSF, my computer also wouldn't start.

After removing the MOBO and examining it very carefully, thinking the pushpin mounting had some how flexed and broke an important trace, I removed my processor to prepare for warranty replacement. Upon close inspection at different angles in the light, I found that one of the pins in the socket had been bent out of alignment! WTF?

In any case, with very, very, very carefull adjustments, I bent it back into alignment with a credit card and gave it another try. This posting is proof of it working again.

Please note, and understand, most warranties are completely void by the manufacturer if the pins in the LGA 775 socket are bent. If you find that this is the problem and you don't feel comfortable trying to repair it yourself, you may want to contact the manufacturer about a warranty exchange. Make sure you kept the plastic insert for the socket, most warranty language requires it be reinstalled when the board is returned in order for them to even accept it.

Back