A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
Is there much of a difference in performance between the 1333 and 1600 sticks? I bought 2 ddr3 1333 mainly because of the price and I see most people have the 1600. Besides the specs on the 2500K I got em for say it only supports 1033 and 1333.
Currently DDR3 1600 is usually the best bang for the buck only costing less than $5 more than DDR3 1333 so this is why a lot of users buy / recommend DDR3 1600.
Besides the specs on the 2500K I got em for say it only supports 1033 and 1333.
Anything over DDR3 1333 is technically an overclock of the memory controller on the CPU. However this is a very very easy overclock to achieve. The performance difference in the real world is not earth shattering but there is a little more performance when using DDR3 1600 versus DDR3 1333 and even more difference to DDR3 1066.