• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

DC projects on Solaris

Joined
Oct 7, 2009
Messages
821
I am planning on running an OpenIndiana ZFS server for home use and I was wondering if there are any BOINC/DC projects that run on Solaris 11 (what Openindiana is based on). I got a nice Xeon E3-1230 and it would be a waste to not put it to use while idle. (I am using Ubuntu with WCG for now but will upgrade in a few weeks)

The Supermicro board I have supports vt-d so I can do ESX-I server if need be but I have read thats not a great idea for BOINC. (I have never done ESX-I before either so I will do it if need be). If I went that route I guess I would install a Ubuntu server version & OpenIndiana.

I was going to use ZFSguru but I was going to wait a few versions.

Thoughts or has someone tried something like this before?
 
Check out some of the links here. It looks like you should be able to run at least Seti@home if you can find a BOINC client that works on your OS.
 
Back
Top