~Day off, New desk, Some work~

mwl5apv

n00b
OK, well so after I built my sig rig, I began to regret getting the case that I have simply for the fact that it had that tiny little dinky window. I started to look at new cases and what I could possibly get......BUT, instead, I had a day off of work mid week and decided that I will go ahead and make my own window in the side panel. Off to the store I went and got some silicone glue and a sheet of plexi glass.

I got a pencil and eraser and started to mock up or draw out designs for a window I liked. And a few hours of planning, preppring and cutting later and a day of painting here is what I have!

This is my new desk with the old side panel:
IMG_20110302_155347.jpg

IMG_20110302_155404.jpg

IMG_20110302_155608.jpg

This is the close up of the old side panel:
IMG_20110302_155435.jpg

And here is the new one!
IMG_20110320_095930.jpg

IMG_20110320_094832.jpg

IMG_20110320_094801.jpg

IMG_20110320_094747.jpg

This is the overall shape of the window. The corner by the PSU is a little hard to see.
Untitled.jpg

I know the pics are not the best, it was taken with my phone, late at night so no light either. Let me know what you think of the new panel and my new desk!

Looks good. Take the side panel off and photograph it with good lighting so that we can all see the detail and bask in its glory. Any original mod is a great mod, I always say.

Now that's what I'm talking about. Windows can never be big enough, IMO. I agree with you... that old window would never do.

I like your design. Like the previous post, any chance you could take some pics with better lighting / only the side panel so we can see the design on the panel?

Nice work :)

yea, i will do so later on today. I have a couple things i need to take care of.

no, I do not. and in the pictures I have a blue cold cathode in the case. I have taken it out as it was too bright for my liking. I now have the LED's of my case fans lighting the inside. So its not nearely as bright and actually has a nicer effect on how the hardware looks.

Back