Data Center Multi-Monitor Issue

Not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I figure more people with Data Center experience may browse through here.

I'm running Quest Spotlight across 4 monitors on a win 2k3 server to monitor our data center conditions. The problem is the transparent "screen savers" that are available don't span multiple displays so we are experiencing some pretty bad screen burn on three of the monitors.

Does anyone know of a "transparent" screen saver that will span multiple monitors? The old Microsoft Science one would be perfect (the rolling glass ball) but its not available for 2k3

TIA

Actually I should have specified that the "monitors" are 42" Dell Plasma displays. From our experience with them, they run extremely hot and we've had 2 burn up in less than a year (replaced under warranty, but still a pain to unmount and re-mount in their custom enclosure).

They definitely experience bad screen burn, and it's becoming a problem when we page through the diagnostic tools. The smaller text is obscured and often quite hard to read, it gets phased out or washed over with a purple hue.

Of course we would have preferred LCD's, but management did the purchasing (probably saved a few dollars) :(

tell management they are tards....sell the 42" plasmas and get some 22" LCDs, then they will save money. (LOL at saving money when buying 42" plasmas)

My data center has 4 , 48" samsung plasma's i belive up on the wall so we can monitor conditions. 4 windows per screen

Ours to have horrible screen burn as well... Not much you can do, buy LCD's. :( The big guys won't cave and call this idea a failure so we're stuck with crappy tv's up on the wall...

Sucks because on the weekend we hook a zune to it, and watch some movies... and they look like crap.

older model dell plasma's... lol, why ?

regardless, no matter what screensaver you choose, they are gonna burn anyway

We were testing out an unnamed product and the screen saver happened to span all 4 screens. Just a normal winxp pro box with 2 vid cards with 2 dvi each.

Lets just say seeing 4 1080p displays on one screen is a neat experience.

Outside of plasma... you need this.

http://www.mitsubishi-megaview.com/

Have you tried UltraMON? You could just copy the old .scr file from an old machine and enable acceleration on the the video card.

Back