[DAN A4] Mini-Beast

So, throughout my PC building career I've always been interested in large cases. But I have recently taken up a liking for SFF cases. For my next build I was thinking about including:
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790k
  • Case: Dan A4
  • RAM: 16Gb Crucial DDR3-1600 XLP
  • PSU: Corsair SF600?
  • Mobo: Gigabyte Z97N-WiFi
  • HDD: Hitachi 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 850EVO 256GB
  • GPU: Either 980(ti) or one of the new AMD Fury cards
  • Aftermarket Cooler: Cryorig C7

I've already purchased the CPU, and the motherboard so those are final, despite Skylake coming out sometime this year. The GPU is going to be a tricky choice, I'll just have to wait and see what the benchmarks reveal.

The A4 is super exciting, I can't wait to throw my money at @dondan. :D

If anybody has any suggestions for build changes I'm open to suggestions!

Take a look at the 2.5" 2TB Seagate/Samsung HDD. I have it and the HDD you listed. I'd go for the 2TB if you could afford the $30ish increase. You could buy it right now for $85.

So, throughout my PC building career I've always been interested in large cases. But I have recently taken up a liking for SFF cases. For my next build I was thinking about including:
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790k
  • Case: Dan A4
  • RAM: 16Gb Crucial DDR3-1600 XLP
  • PSU: Corsair SF600?
  • Mobo: Gigabyte Z97N-WiFi
  • HDD: Hitachi 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 850EVO 256GB
  • GPU: Either 980(ti) or one of the new AMD Fury cards
  • Aftermarket Cooler: Cryorig C7

I've already purchased the CPU, and the motherboard so those are final, despite Skylake coming out sometime this year. The GPU is going to be a tricky choice, I'll just have to wait and see what the benchmarks reveal.

The A4 is super exciting, I can't wait to throw my money at @dondan. :D

If anybody has any suggestions for build changes I'm open to suggestions!
Maybe wait until further reviews on the SF600. There's nothing to assure you it will be quieter than Silverstone's SX500-LG.
Oh and are those Crucial stick the very low profile ones? Those are the only DDR3 sticks I'd pick, especially for SFF.

Take a look at the 2.5" 2TB Seagate/Samsung HDD. I have it and the HDD you listed. I'd go for the 2TB if you could afford the $30ish increase. You could buy it right now for $85.

Off topic: but how is the HDD serving you? I've had bad experience with Seagate in the past, but 2TB in 2.5" is tempting.

Maybe wait until further reviews on the SF600. There's nothing to assure you it will be quieter than Silverstone's SX500-LG.
Oh and are those Crucial stick the very low profile ones? Those are the only DDR3 sticks I'd pick, especially for SFF.

Yeah I'm definitely waiting for reviews and other information about it.

Yes they are the low profile DIMMs, I don't think it would be smart to go whole size.

Off topic: but how is the HDD serving you? I've had bad experience with Seagate in the past, but 2TB in 2.5" is tempting.
It's actually a Samsung hard drive, but if you buy the external, it's marketed as a Seagate.

I like it but mine has a ticking noise. Something to do with energy saving. I believe there is a way to disable it but i'm too lazy to do that. Other then that it's done what I've expected it to do.

my suggestion is that dan's case is probably months away... so you're early

Back