I'm going to college soon, and I'm searching for an upgrade to my current setup. Right now, I have three S/PDIF outputs from my MacBook, PC, and Xbox 360 going to an Onkyo receiver, connected to a pair of Insignia bookshelf speakers.
I've been looking at a few passive speakers (The Energy RC-Mini and RC10), but in order to save space (and avoiding the heat put off by the receiver), I'm leaning toward getting a pair of Audioengine 2's or 5's, and maybe get a sub somewhere down the line.
I want to keep using the digital outputs, but the only solution I know of would be buying a S/PDIF switcher, and connect that to a DAC, which would go to the powered speakers. Does anyone know of an all-in-one solution that will handle the switching and digital-analog conversion (essentially a receiver without the size or added video connections)?
Thanks!
I've been looking at a few passive speakers (The Energy RC-Mini and RC10), but in order to save space (and avoiding the heat put off by the receiver), I'm leaning toward getting a pair of Audioengine 2's or 5's, and maybe get a sub somewhere down the line.
I want to keep using the digital outputs, but the only solution I know of would be buying a S/PDIF switcher, and connect that to a DAC, which would go to the powered speakers. Does anyone know of an all-in-one solution that will handle the switching and digital-analog conversion (essentially a receiver without the size or added video connections)?
Thanks!