D-Link PCI adapter problems with Vista 64

boy_wonder

Limp Gawd
So I recently built a new computer and was hoping ot use my old D-Link DWL-G520 (Xtreme G) PCI adapter with it, since it's been a really solid adapter. PLUS, the D-Link site has Vista 64 drivers on there. Here's the problem- when I was first installing vista 64 ultimate, it would freeze every time during installation during the second reboot. Well, I took out the D-Link card, and the installation went thru.

Now, after I finished installation, I put the card back in, Vista already had drivers pre-installed for it, and everything was friggin dandy. Until, when I started up my computer again a little later, it froze on startup on the green bar. It kept doing this until I removed the card again. Now, am I just plain out of luck and need to get a new adapter? I mean, the website does have vista 64 drivers as shown here.

The system WILL start up in safe mode WITH the card in, perhaps try installing the drivers then? I mean, I tried installing the drivers before I even put the card back in, but the setup just closes itself after I click it. I don't really wanna mess around with this anymore if all I really should do is buy a new adapter, but what do you guys think?

Back