D-Link DIR-655 vs Linksys WRT610N

anonuser

[H]ard|Gawd
What do you all think? I bought the DIR-655 for $90 from Circuit City and the WRT610N just went on sale for $149.99. Considering I had my last router for 8 years I'm not too worried about $60 extra if it's worth it.

Do you think the Dual-Band will ever be worth it? Or should I just stick with the DIR-655?

Thanks

EDIT: I also see that the WRT610N has support for DD-WRT... is that reason enough to spend the extra $60?

From what I've read the DIR-655 seems to get better reviews than the WRT610.

Current owner of a DIR-655 and love it. And this is coming from somebody who has used a WRT54G with DD-WRT.

I suggest that you should stick with what you have.

Thanks for the reply.

The Linksys would definitely be out of the question after reading a little more... but what about the dgl-4500?

I can pick one up for just $35 more than the DIR-655.

What do you all think about that?

Thanks!

If dual band is something you think you need you can go with a dgl-4500. I've never tried one but I'd assume that it's based off the DIR-655. If you also have a couple of network devices that use 802.11a exclusively then you should get that over the DIR.

However, the "GameFuel" and status display sounds pretty gimmicky (I'm pretty sure GameFuel is just a fancy name for QoS, which the DIR-655 has as well).

I definitely don't need dual band right now, and as I read the DGL-4500 doesn't have two radios so that wouldn't be great for future expansion.

So aside from buying a Linksys WRT600N or 610N it looks like I would be better served by using this router until Draft N is finalized or the next generation is released...

Thanks for the help, I suppose I'll just keep this one.

Back