D-Link DIR-615 Internet Radio Problem

ikuto

Weaksauce
I have a problem with connecting to all the Internet Radio Stations from a website with Windows Media Player. I've tried putting the computer in the DMZ zone, port fowarding different ranges, and disabling the router's firewall. I don't have any software firewall on my computer, Windows firewall is disabled. When I connect the computer straight to the cable modem it works fine so it has to be my D-link router. I've updated it to the latest 2.25 firmware as well. Even adjusted the MTU settings down to 1472, but doesn't work either. Within Windows Media Player I tried to adjust network settings in options to not use UDP and use the browser's proxy settings or auto detect proxy settings, but still no go. I've also tried to check the "connect to the internet" setting in the Player tab within Windows Media Player already.

Other internet radio stations work with my D-Link router, it is just this particular one from this website. I used to use a Linksys WRT54GS Router and didn't have to adjust any firewall settings and just works until it died which I replaced with the D-link DIR-615.

What else could I try?

Thanks!

nevermind..Just noticed I have revision A of that router and you have B so me testing it doesnt really help.

I have a problem in that since installing a D-Link DGL-4300 (wireless + GbE) router, I can't get the radio stations I used to get with Firefox. It works with IE. Go figure.

I also have a problem with Firefox + Firebug not getting along with the router.

Yes I have revision B and I've been emailing D-Link for troubleshooting as well and all they tell me to do is adjust the MTU from 1500 to 1492, 1482, 1472, etc...but of course doesn't work. I found Classic Windows Media Player on WinXP (start-->run-->mplayer2.exe) worked :confused: while Windows Media Player 10 and 11 doesn't. I have tried it on both Vista and WinXP machine. This leads me to suspect that the newer media player streams through certain ports or methods that we don't know about. I have tried both Firefox with media player plugin and IE 6 and 7 with no luck.

The website I'm trying to stream from is http://www.rthk.org.hk/mplayer_r1.htm

I got the same problem when I upgraded to 2.25. The fix for me was to downgrade the firmware to 2.24.

I got the same problem when I upgraded to 2.25. The fix for me was to downgrade the firmware to 2.24.
Downgrading from 2.25 to 2.24 worked!!! I knew it had to be a problem with the router because as soon as I got the DIR-615 it stopped working for some reason. I was ready to purchase another router to see if it was the problem. Wow it has been a couple months since I started this thread and I'm surprised someone still care to read.

Thank You very much Oledole for the solution :D.

Back